adding an additional Battery to the system - ECS4300

waiting4solar

Dear all,

Just added an additional battery to my solar system (from 8kw to 12kw storage). Followed the instructions and the total is showing but doesn't seem to be any difference! is there something i missed or i need to do on the inverter?

project solar system
13 solar panels - 8KW
foxess inverter - H1 -5.0 -E
foxess batteries ECS4300.
Dave Foster

I'm assuming all your batteries are ECS4300's - so 1 master & 2 slaves.

If that's the case you would need to have changed the rotary DIP switch on the Master so that it is set to position 1 (0 is for 1 slave)

When you look at your battery on the app the voltage should now be showing around 170V which confirms it is seeing all the batteries, and depending on the state of charge of your pack when you added it, it will need anywhere between a few days and a few weeks to balance itself correctly.
Dave Foster

There is a guide on this post which details all the steps involved viewtopic.php?t=54
waiting4solar

thank you Sir! :)

yes, ECS4300's - so 1 master & 2 slaves.
yep, that is the step i missed. the rotary DIP switch and it is showing 175.00 v on the foxess cloud.

thank you for your help on this..

Dave Foster wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:57 pm I'm assuming all your batteries are ECS4300's - so 1 master & 2 slaves.

If that's the case you would need to have changed the rotary DIP switch on the Master so that it is set to position 1 (0 is for 1 slave)

When you look at your battery on the app the voltage should now be showing around 170V which confirms it is seeing all the batteries, and depending on the state of charge of your pack when you added it, it will need anywhere between a few days and a few weeks to balance itself correctly.
waiting4solar

amazing set of instructions - thank you for sharing this..
Dave Foster wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:04 pm There is a guide on this post which details all the steps involved viewtopic.php?t=54