Issue with Updating to Master Version 1.91 on H3

coubaw

Hello Foxess Forum Members,

I am continuing to face issues with my H3 single CPU unit. In addition to my previous problem, I am unable to update the firmware via USB as well - it always results in a 'fail' message. I have fully charged batteries, and I am supplying 170V DC to PV 1. Both the master and slave components are still displaying version 0.00 in the monitoring system after restarts. Has anyone encountered similar issues or knows how to resolve this situation?

Any insights, suggestions, or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.
Attachments
2024-01-30 12 58 37.jpg
Dave Foster

If you check at your inverter panel in About, Inv Ver - what versions does it show there ?.

I'm afraid there isn't much I can add other than to say I have known certain Master/Manager versions not work together so you have to do a phased upgrade, you normally upgrade Master first then Manager.

The latest H3 Manager is showing as 1.75 which goes with Master 1.91
coubaw

Thank you for your response. Yes, a new manager version 1.75 has been added, which I updated from version 1.71. Currently, version 1.75 is uploaded, and the update was successful. However, after the update, the inverter did not start up. The Master still shows version 0.00. So, I proceeded with an update of the Master to the only version offered, which is 1.91, but this update ended with an error message "failed 41206". Please, how can I perform a downgrade to return to a functional firmware version? I am seeking any assistance to revive the inverter. Thank you.
Attachments
2024-02-01 21 14 23.jpg
coubaw

Is it possible to upload firmware via JTAG, UART, SPI, or similar interfaces? I am unsure what type of bootloader is installed in the CPU, and I do not have the necessary software. On the About display, both the master and slave versions show 0.00, while the manager is at 1.75. I am equipped with various programmers and have knowledge in microelectronics. Thank you for any advice.
Dave Foster

I think you need to degrade the Manager back to a previous older version, then always upgrade Master first before upgrading the Manager.

I’m afraid I can’t help you with the firmware, FoxESS don’t generally release it on u-disc anymore, preferring to use remote upgrade path. I think you only sensible option is to refer this to FoxESS support and ask them how they would fix it.

I suspect it will need an early version of manager on u-disc but only they would be able to provide that for you - best of luck