Second battery not working?

Rendarion

Today I added a second LV5200 battery to my setup. The inverter I have is a Solis 3kW RAI AC inverter.
I did all the connections as shown in the manual and also the dip switches are

Master - 0010 0000
Slave - 0000 0001

Now the master battery running light is on but the slave one is off?

We haven't had any sun since I installed it so maybe that's an issue but I find it strange that the running light isn't on?

Pressing the start button or the power button doesn't do anything.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
Dave Foster

You have the dip switches set correctly, just to check - the 'black' circle at the end of the LED's is actually a button - you have to press that to power it on.

And also to check you have the power line of the slave battery plugged into the masters remaining output socket, and the data cable should be connected between the master battery LinkPort1 and the slave battery LinkPort0 (plus the earth)

Turn all batteries off, turn master battery on first let it start, then turn on the slave battery (black button).

The main 'issue' with these batteries is that they need the battery with the latest firmware to be set as master, if the original master is likely to be much older than the one you have added you would be better making the new battery the master and the old battery the slave.

Finally probably best to mention there are 2 versions of the LV5200 batteries series 1 (white label) and 2 (purple label), bizarrely these are not compatible with each other - if you have a series 1 LV5200 you can only add series 1 LV5200's and they have been end of line for around 6 months.
Rendarion

Thanks for your answer. I just noticed the different labels indeed. The master is a purple and the slave a white. I'm in contact with Foxess and hopefully they can help me with updating the batteries.
Dave Foster

Rendarion wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:38 am Thanks for your answer. I just noticed the different labels indeed. The master is a purple and the slave a white. I'm in contact with Foxess and hopefully they can help me with updating the batteries.
Just for information, not sure if you are a Facebook user but I have seen the occasional series 1 battery come up on the FoxESS community facebook page for sale, if you ask on there hopefully somebody will know - linked here https://www.facebook.com/groups/foxessownersgroup
Bomber

Interesting. I bought 2 lv5200s from the battery factory in nov 22. What a nightmare that purchase turned out to be! I received a white label and a purple label. The white label was damaged. In fact, damaged in a way that i can not fathom how on Earth it happened, as the box was fine. After 3 weeks of being ignored, having ridiculous excuses given as to why battery factory will not exchange it (the box was wet, delivered that way!), i had to threaten to leave it with my CC supplier to sort out. They soon exchanged it after that, as the CC company will charge battery factory to investigate the complaint. I have just checked my batteries, and they are both purple labels, luckily. Does anyone know if these batteries are compatible with what fox are selling now, as we want to add another 10kw? To anyone thinking of using battery factory (or powerland as they are now called), i implore you to think very carefully about it, make sure you know your consumer rights and only buy on a credit card for the section 75 protection.
Dave Foster

The purple label ones are the newer batteries and are what FoxESS sell now, the older versions used a white label and they can't be mixed with newer purple labels.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with the purchase, having to threaten with CC action is not forgivable - although to add I have bought a couple of batteries from Battery Factory over the years and each time they came quickly and in good condition.
Bomber

Dave Foster wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:45 am although to add I have bought a couple of batteries from Battery Factory over the years and each time they came quickly and in good condition.
Yes, they arrived quickly and if i hadn't had the problem, i probably would use them again. But, you only get to see the integrity of a company when things go wrong, unfortunately. I have asked fox about the compatibility of the lv5200s with what they have for sale now as I can't find any lv5200s for sale anywhere. I don't hold out much hope from the research I have done, though. A whole new battery system just isn't going to happen anytime soon! I guess i was actually lucky with the white label being damaged as i would never have got them working together, it seems :shock: