FoxCloud v2 observations

Dad

Just downloaded this today. Is this the best they could come up with? I mean really?

Still no daily PV generation. Why not??

The monthly graphs with solar generation are not accurate as it’s still including the battery I’m assuming which renders the data useless as clearly this data is NOT solar generation.

A few other minor things:-
The temperature and sunset time on the home screen are incorrect for me. Sunset is out by about an hour but in settings I can’t seem to select anything other than Europe/London time zone.

It feels very amateurish in places.
Last edited by Dad on Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fox BMS v2
Fox ESS Hybrid Inverter 3.7
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
Dave Foster

I’ve only had a cursory look but agree it’s not ground breaking - it would be helpful if you could keep a note of any observations, suggestions etc.. and post them on their feedback form, it is still in a malleable state so hopefully if enough people comment with common themes they will address them 👍
Dad

Will do Dave.
Fox BMS v2
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
TomConway

Is this a general release of v2 as I dont see it available in the Google Playstore. I'm still on 1.50.9.
Dave Foster

TomConway wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:53 pm Is this a general release of v2 as I dont see it available in the Google Playstore. I'm still on 1.50.9.
It's a beta release so still early days for it, any existing users of Foxcloud can install it but new registrations will only be allowed once it is released.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... foxapp.two
TomConway

Cheers
kironreid

TomConway wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:01 pmCheers
Thanks for this thread and the comments. I saw this FoxCloud2.0 when I was looking to update my app as it has stopped working nearly entirely for a week on my Android phone. I thought are we supposed to be using version 2.0 now, and it would be nice if the company told us. It seems that isn't the problem I'm having and as usual there is no obvious answer via Google as to the simple - the app isn't working, is it down - query. Thanks again to all here and in other threads for feedback on the new version. If my old one starts working again I will wait a bit to install it and hopefully they'll have improved it a bit
Dave Foster

kironreid wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:00 pm
TomConway wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:01 pmCheers
Thanks for this thread and the comments. I saw this FoxCloud2.0 when I was looking to update my app as it has stopped working nearly entirely for a week on my Android phone. I thought are we supposed to be using version 2.0 now, and it would be nice if the company told us. It seems that isn't the problem I'm having and as usual there is no obvious answer via Google as to the simple - the app isn't working, is it down - query. Thanks again to all here and in other threads for feedback on the new version. If my old one starts working again I will wait a bit to install it and hopefully they'll have improved it a bit
I believe if you already have credentials to log into the old app, you should be able to use them to log into the V2 app - it's only new registrations that are barred, so you should be able to use that app ok.

As an alternative I would highly recommend the use of this 3rd party app written by Al Priest (a community member), it is easy to use and won't change when FoxESS release their new app -

It's available on ios https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/energy-stats/id1644492526 and Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... kkgw&pli=1
kironreid

Thanks very much for this Tom. I appreciate it. I will check that out. Especially as my regular FoxESS App has carried on being sporadic. It started working again after I wrote these posts, for a night and two days, then stopped again for two days, worked for a day etc.
Dad

I’m not sure if it’s related to the API update a few weeks ago but I’m finding that both the Fox v2 app and the Energy Stats app are a little clunky in the connection now. I.e. the data doesn’t always refresh after five mins.. sort of have to go in and out of the apps to refresh it and even then sometimes it can take a few attempts.

However the data, once refreshed, looks fine.
Fox BMS v2
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
reef

Dad wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:54 am I’m not sure if it’s related to the API update a few weeks ago but I’m finding that both the Fox v2 app and the Energy Stats app are a little clunky in the connection now. I.e. the data doesn’t always refresh after five mins.. sort of have to go in and out of the apps to refresh it and even then sometimes it can take a few attempts.

However the data, once refreshed, looks fine.
I'm guessing it is to do with the update as Energy Stats was always instant before and is now running very very slow for me. V2.0 seems unchanged: slow but usable and the original app is hit and miss with occasional timeout messages.
Dad

Yep.. agree.

It’s since the API Key was needed a few weeks ago.
Fox BMS v2
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq