Energy Stats App by Al Priest

Dave Foster

PLEASE SEE LATEST UPDATE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

Please see below which has been posted by Al, not good news for the users of the Energy Stats app or those who access the Foxcloud directly.

111.jpg

For existing users of the actual Foxess app (Ios or Android) there is a new application recently released called Foxcloud2 which improves on the original application - it is only available to existing foxesscloud users whilst it is under-going trials.

Both the new & old applications will run side by side until the full release of V2 is approved after which new users will be able to register and use it.

This is the announcement from Foxess support
112.jpg

For users that wish to post comments on the applications functionality the link is here - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Hmmi1-h_6c

****** UPDATED ********

Please see latest update from Foxess, it’s moving on - hopefully not too long to wait 👍
IMG_1527.jpeg
************ 2nd UPDATE *********************

This is the latest update from Foxess as at 21st December 2023
111.jpg

************ LATEST UPDATE *********************

Foxess have reversed the changes that stopped the Energy Stats and Fox cloud access from working, it is all back to normal again and the applications are working :)

reef

This is very disappointing. The best thing about the Energy stats app was it was simple. The data was all there with a few clicks.

I've installed the Fox v2 app and it's still overly complicated requiring so many clicks to get the information you need on different pages. And AGAIN it doesn't show daily PV production but "PV yield" which includes feed in and battery discharge etc. Why on Earth don't they include this important parameter. They're now graphing pv production so it wouldn't be hard to give us the daily figure.

They really need to add this. It's the one thing most people want above all else.
Jibe

Can't agree more, losing Energy Stats is a pity. Al's app was just perfect for my needs :| (thanks to Al for all the efforts!)

V2 (also thanks for this hint!) is an improvement, but still not great. At least one can now check individual daily totals by category in the monthly view, but it should be no problem adding these to the daily view, too. The data is there, why not accordingly display it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
H3-6.0-E Hybrid
ECS2900-H3 8,64 kWh
15 x 435 Wp panels
calum

Fox really need to look at what GivEnergy, myenergi, heck even Tesla, are doing here (with app / website).
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
Dave Foster

UPDATE

Following on from this, Foxess UK support have responded to say this was not as intended and are asking the developers to discuss options to get this working - see latest update… please watch this space for further updates 👍
IMG_1526.jpeg
Dad

Fingers crossed!

When I downloaded the FoxCloud2 app I intentionally didn’t delete Energy Data app in the hope it might start working again!
Fox BMS v2
Fox ESS Hybrid Inverter 3.7
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
tommyhechtel

Dear FoxESS team,

please enable Energy Stats app to work again with your changed API.
It is no offence agains FoxCloud app and your aim to improve it is much appreciated.

Just to say it is no harm to FoxESS if an alternative app exists. We bought the products already,
so if you want to respect the wishes from a part of the community please do not cut down this
very good app that will also improve the functionality of your products.

Just my 2 cents,
Tommy
Tommy

Fox ESS H3 10.0-E Hybrid inverter
Fox ESS ECS 2900 4 x 2.88 kWh
28x TrinaSolar TSM-425NEG9R.28
Dave Foster

I have updated the first post with the latest status update from Foxess
Dave Foster

Foxess have reversed the changes to their API and the Energy Stats app and Fox cloud are now working again :)
Dad

Hooray!
Fox BMS v2
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
Dad

I’ve just noticed today on the Energy Stats Home Screen (power flow screen) that there is a “yield today” figure under the solar sun at the top of the screen.

Is this new and is this an accurate PV solar generated today figure? It’s a different value to the “solar generated” number on the Stats tab (which never looks accurate to me). This yield today number does look more accurate.

Version 1.108.

My wife’s app isn’t showing this and she is on version 1.1.06.

Thanks
Fox BMS v2
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
Dave Foster

There's an option in settings to turn it on, but in all honesty unless you have a solar only inverter it's not much use - it tells you how much work the inverter has done (output) today from both solar & battery
Dad

Dave, this appears to be different. I completely agree the PV yield figure appears to be pointless but this new field appears more accurate and doesn’t appear to include battery.

I’ve attached the screenshot below.. see the figure at the very top of the screenshot. This was taken just as the solar starts to kick in (early morning). It is very different to my daily PV yield figure which is showing 8Kwh because it’s including the batteries being topped up.

Attachments
IMG_0960.png
Fox BMS v2
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
Dave Foster

In all honesty I don't use the apps very much as I have modbus, but in my case the total yield figure it shows there is the same as the one shown on the fox cloud for total yield - these shots just taken on mine:

The energy stats app-
IMG_8044.PNG

The fox cloud-
111.jpg

Which also ties up with what my modbus is telling me for battery discharge today.

I'll check to see if any changes have been made in the app :)
Dad

My foxess pv yield is 8.9kwh
Attachments
IMG_0961.png
Fox BMS v2
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
Dave Foster

Hmmmm, the Foxcloud V2 app must have a different calculation as it's showing 5.9Wkh for mine, yet the cloud and the V1 app both show it lower - that might be an error, double check it against the V1 app or the foxesscloud.com website.
Dad

Yes the Fox v1 app is showing total yield of 2KWh.

The Energy Stats app “yield today” figure is lower still and looks to me to be solar only.
Fox BMS v2
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
Dad

Dave, have a look at this description of the “yield today” value in settings (screenshot below).

It explains it is using a formula and my toggle is on PV Only (not Fox).
Attachments
IMG_0962.png
Fox BMS v2
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
Dave Foster

Lol, you're quite correct - I didn't have the latest and Al updated it 2 days ago to provide this feature.

So yes it's integrating the measurements over time to work out your approximate PV generation today.... very nice :)
Dad

I’m really pleased with this. Thanks Al!
Fox BMS v2
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
reef

Yes this appears to be accurate too.

Finally!
reef

Is Energy Stats working for anyone else today? Since the API update it has been getting slower and slower and today it just times out.

Both the Fox v1 and v2 apps are fine and working pretty quickly.
susie

Yes, it’s the same for me.
leonb

My Energy Stats app is giving a timeout error.

My HA integration is also showing timeouts since 10:15.

The foxesscloud website is really slow and my fox apps are slow as well, although both do show my data, so looks like fox are having issues. :cry:
Dad

Yes, just get a ‘loading’ message.

iOS
Fox BMS v2
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq