Installed version 2 batteries but not working.

jasonfeeky

Hi guys

I’ve installed 3 batteries along with bms but for some reason only 1 battery powers up and then alarm sounds. Any ideas on what this could be. As far as I can see it’s all correct and dip is set on 1 as it states. I have a photo of my setup. Really hope simple fix these are brand new but guess can still be faulty?
Attachments
IMG_0903.jpeg
calum

Are any faults logged on the inverter display? Did you test voltage of each module before install?
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
jasonfeeky

Before turning on the inverter says there’s fault bug when it’s on it goes off pretty sure. I tested the batteries and got 58v on all except 60 on 1 battery. I was thinking is there a reset I should do or something find it hard believe new system is faulty but guess it’s possible.
calum

Before turning on the inverter says there’s fault bug when it’s on it goes off pretty sure.
Not sure what you mean by this - can you be specific - if there is a fault code, which one is it?
I tested the batteries and got 58v on all except 60 on 1 battery
This does seem a bit high, the manual (https://www.fox-ess.com/download/upfile ... Manual.pdf) talks about 52V per battery module, although I don't know if they are talking about the V1 batteries (or if there is a difference between them and the V2). FWIW the highest voltage I see out of my V1 HV2600s is about 53.5V per module when fully charged.

As always with something like this best to check and re-check all the connections, but failing that your nenxt step would be to go back to installer or supplier (sounds like you've done this DIY...)
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
jasonfeeky

Thanks for reply yeah it just flashes red and green and says battery fault as can’t detect it then when battery’s on goes back to normal. Yeah me thinking I save 1200 quid and do it myself so simple just plug and play they say and now this I was thinking what the chances in transit gets busted and bet I’m going struggle with warranty now. I’ve emailed fox so let’s see.