WiFi connection

Peter&Glenys

Hi.
Help required to connect to the WiFi again.
I have changed my route password so now it is not recognising the inverter.
We cannot find any ssdi or anything else on the inverter.
Your help and assistance would be grateful
Cheers
P&G
G4RNI

Your installer should have been left a small, pocket sized leaflet telling you how to do this. If like the cowboys that installed mine, yours threw everything in the bin, you'd be best searching online for Foxess wifi dongle instruction leaflet. The ref no on the one I found is V05, 10-203-00011-06

Extracted from the leaflet as I don't seem able to upload a screenshot:

Install the FoxEss smart app on your device.

Locate the dongle on your WiFi device, it'll be called something like W-xxxxxx (its SSID)

The password for the dongle is mtmt2020 (all lower case letters)

After connecting successfully, open its browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in the URL bar at the top (I believe this may be your router's address so that may differ. Some BT routers are 192.168.1.254 It may of course simply be the default IP the dongle sets itself.)

Drop down the WIFI SSID menu to find your house router and enter the router's password. Cick save.

Another alternative would be to go into your router's security settings and rename it (its SSID) to the same as your original router and then set its password to the same as your old router, effectively cloning the old router's identity but that means everything in your house WiFi network needs to have the old details input again.

I also found this from the company Whole Green Renewables, very helpful unlike my lot who told me to search online for everything and who explained absolutely nothing to me:
https://portal.wholegreenrenewables.co. ... Manual.pdf

Regards,

George