Register AIO using LAN, not via wi-fi dongle

Dunce

I'm having problems with a poor wi-fi connection due to location of the AIO (garage). Everything is setup and working with fox cloud (via web and app) but I keep losing connection due to the wi-fi being pretty bad in there.

The thing I don't understand is that I'm fortunate enough to have a LAN connection in the garage and the AIO is also plugged into this - so I don't need to rely on the Wi-fi - however - it does not seem to work over LAN, without the wi-fi dongle being connected to the AIO (I can confirm that the AIO is connected via the wired Lan, as I can see it connected - and assigned an IP via my router).

Does anyone know if this is because when I initially set it up to the cloud, it used the Serial number of the dongle over wi-fi - and therefore needs this plugged in (and connected to wi-fi) to work?

If so - how can I register it via the wired LAN, without requiring the dongle?

Thanks for any help,
==========
FoxESS AIO-H1–5.0
4 x HV2600 (10.4kWh)
No Solar (yet - just solar dreams)
Dave Foster

The ethernet port can’t be used for the Foxess cloud connection, it can only be used to send data to a computer (such as a Home Assistant).

If you have a weak wifi signal the easiest and cheapest option is usually to fit a wifi signal booster ‘mid-way’ between your router -either of these works well or

Alternatively Foxess do make a LAN dongle that replaces the wifi dongle and it will accept the LAN cable you have but you might have to ring round to find one https://www.itstechnologies.shop/produc ... ring-stick
Dunce

Ahhh...undersand now - although strange it can't make use of the wired lan already.

Appreciate the reply, thank you
==========
FoxESS AIO-H1–5.0
4 x HV2600 (10.4kWh)
No Solar (yet - just solar dreams)