Page 1 of 1

CQ7 battery discharging into car via Zappi during the day

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 4:07 pm
by Devonlad
Hi, I'm very new to the Fox system, having just had my install of KH7 inverter and 3 x CQ7 batteries and a total of 19 panels. Having previously had Givenergy inverter and battery I'm very new to this new system. I'm with Octopus Intelligent Go and do smart charging with them. ie. plug the car in during the day using my Zappi charger and let octopus decide when to charge up to the required SOC (90%) etc. I am also on their cheap 2330-0530 rate.
I have just plugged my car in (mid afternoon) where panels are generating, some energy is coming in from the grid AND also some coming in from the battery.
Is there a way to stop the battery from discharging into the car? I really just want to keep the car plugged in and let Octopus sort out the charging. Thanks very much.

Re: CQ7 battery discharging into car via Zappi during the day

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 7:35 pm
by Will
you need to have your charger wired so it's up stream of the fox ct clamp so the fox system doesn't see the charger as load.

Re: CQ7 battery discharging into car via Zappi during the day

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 7:59 am
by Grumps
This subject comes up far too often.
Did this happen with your old system too, or did you not have a Zappi then?

See: viewtopic.php?t=3272

Re: CQ7 battery discharging into car via Zappi during the day

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 9:23 am
by Will
Good catch. I've made that post sticky to help future members.
Grumps wrote: ↑Thu Aug 13, 2026 7:59 am This subject comes up far too often.
Did this happen with your old system too, or did you not have a Zappi then?

See: viewtopic.php?t=3272