Adding Batteries

chris darby

Hi, i am thinking of adding 2 more HV2600 batteries, originally i thought i would also need a new V2 BMS, as i could only find V2 batteries. However i now see that Builders hardware can supply V1 batteries and save fitting a new BMS. Obviously prefer not to spend the extra £140 on a new BMS, but are there any advantages that would justify the cost that i should consider? or just stick with existing BMS?
Also any feedback on Builders Hardware would be appreciated
10 x Longi 450w Panel (4 east 6 west) Solis 3.6 Kw inverter
4 x HV2600 AC-5.0 Inverter
Dave Foster

If you have v1 batteries, buy the v1 batteries now that they are back in stock and you can stay on your existing BMS.

The V1/V2 mixed packs (with V2 BMS) haven't been a success story - V2 packs are ok, but staying with V1 batteries is by far the best way forward.

They are easy enough to fit, you may need a DC cable if the orange cable isn't long enough so check it has the spare length on it. The majority of batteries are now being supplied with the battery brackets, one set needed per battery pack.

Once you have everything, allow your existing pack to reduce to 50% SoC, then power off, add the new batteries, connect the DC and RS485 cables along with the earth cable - set the rotary dip switch for the number of batteries you have (note that position 1=3 batts, 2=4 batts, 3=5 batts, 4=6 batts, 5=7 batts etc.. as it starts at 0 for 2 batteries.).

Double check it all before powering it on and once power is on, check there are no alarms on the inverter and the pack voltage is what you would expect.

It is best to do a full charge once you have them all connected.
SAC

Hi.

Just make sure you get fox or your installer to update all the firmware to the same versions on you batteries and update the BMS firmware too or the system will not see the capacity of the batteries. Just done some and charging and discharging don’t fix the issue. Need all firmware the same.

Fox advised me of this when I had a load of issues and alarms.

Also advised to do 7 full cycles to re calibrate the BMS. And that’s hard in this weather!