New WiFi provider

Jomaudeclark

I have switched WiFi provider so I’ve lost connection to my solar panels. How can I delete my FoxCloud account and re set it up with new WiFi. It keeps reconnecting to my existing account with the old WiFi. I know I’ve got to scan the QR code on the WiFi stick in the solar batteries in the attic at some stage. How do I get to that stage? 🤦🏼‍♀️
rmhumphries

There should be a wifi network showing with a name in the form `W-....` - for instance 'W-AAA1AAA'. Connect to that network (default password is 'mtmt2020'). You will get a warning saying the network has no internet - choose to connect anyway.

Once connect, go to 192.168.1.1 in your web browser. You can then change the WiFi details the datalogger will connect to on that page.
SolarEdge PV + FoxEss H1-AC1-5.0-E w/ 3x HV2600-2
Jomaudeclark

Do I just need to enter correct WiFi from drop down and password? The Mac details are different to the ones on the back of the router. It’s said it’s saved once but the app still says off line. Tried it again and now the blue circle is just going round and round in the screen...... 🤦🏼‍♀️
Jomaudeclark

OMG! It’s working!! Thank you SOOOOOO much.
rmhumphries

No problem - glad you got it sorted :)
SolarEdge PV + FoxEss H1-AC1-5.0-E w/ 3x HV2600-2
PeteNZ

I have just had the same situation—switched to fibre finally with new router. Searched for a solution to re-establish wifi connection and nearly gave up as nothing seemed to work. Searched this site ,saw this post and solution—job done. So many thanks rmhumphries. PeteNZ
Ched

Alternatively change the new router networkname and password to the same as the old router. That way you don't need to change all your devices!
PaulL

Still having problems. I log into the datalogger but can only get to 192.168.1.1 by connecting to my Wifi instead.
Is the password asked for there the datalogger password mtmt2020 or the Wifi password ?
Doesn't seem to like either. :cry:

Update - had an IP engineer on the phone to set up phoneline. Apparently 192.168.1.1 needs the admin password not the WiFi one.
Last edited by PaulL on Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Foster

PaulL wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:45 pm Still having problems. I log into the datalogger but can only get to 192.168.1.1 by connecting to my Wifi instead.
Is the password asked for there the datalogger password mtmt2020 or the Wifi password ?
Doesn't seem to like either. :cry:
As long as the screen looks like the below guide (from step3), it’s the datalogger password - but you have to connect to the dataloggers ssid itself first not via your wifi.
IMG_1275.png
PaulL

Wow thanks - at first got " cannot connect " but then it did ! and it even looked like the picture

Now got one of the inverters showing one more to do. :D
7BW Solar

Excellent help rmhumphries, thank you. I had the same issue which thanks to you I have now solved. Quite proud of myself.

The only issue I had was that my iPad kept reconnecting to my home WiFi router which slowed things up a bit. If the ‘connecting’ message in the stripey bar persists, check that your device is still connected to the W…………… one.
dollarj

Hi I have recently got a new BT router. I have tried the above steps to reconnect my solar set however when I get to the box my new wifi isn't listed in the drop down. Lots of neighbours wifis are there and my new wifi appears on my phone and on my laptop. Any advice please of what I need to do?

I tried renaming back to old one however it didn't work and also when I tried connecting still didn't get the renamed old wifi ssid in the drop down.

Please help if you can
Dave Foster

So a couple of things, firstly is the range of the new router as good as the old one - i've heard the BT routers range is lower than some, but I can't confirm that myself. If you stand next to the inverter with your phone is the signal strength still good ?.

Secondly most modern routers transmit on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz - the datalogger on the inverter only works on 2.4Ghz, so you need to be sure that your router has the 2.5Ghz band enabled.

Just in way of an example for the way i've done this - I have a wifi extender (one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08V5KZCXV) - I have it plugged in approx half way between the main router and the inverters location and linked it to the main router. I've then given the extenders wifi name a unique name (like 'myinverter') and disabled the 5Ghz band. That means everything in the house will use the normal router, I then link the inverters datalogger to the 'myinverter' wifi name and as it is only 2.4Ghz there will never be a problem with it.