Full discharge full cycle method

Daviessteve

Just installed an additional 2 Mira 2k5 on a Fox hybrid inverter which had 2 Mira 2k5 batteries when originally installed

Not convinced that the additional batteries are being seen by the system properly

Battery voltage is >200v so system knows the batteries have been added and connected correctly

I am seeing people referring to a Full - discharge - full cycle but I cannot find out how to do this

Any help would be great

Best regards

Steve
Fox H1 5.0
4 Mira 2k5 batteries
4k4 of Sharp Panels
Daviessteve

I carried out a full forced charge, followed by a full discharge, followed by a full forced charge by isolating the Panels

I then turned the system off and restarted

Can anyone please confirm that the RUN leds on all battery modules flash at the same time

I am sure that before I did this process the RUN leds flashed in sequence

Steve
Fox H1 5.0
4 Mira 2k5 batteries
4k4 of Sharp Panels
asyrop

Hi Steve,

I have done something similar to you, though only adding one battery - otherwise I have limited knowledge. I can confirm that the run LED on my batteries were not exactly together nor in sequence. They each seemed to be on for about 1sec and then off for about 1sec, to the same periodic beat but they are neither together nor sequential, so the timing between them is consistent but would appear to be otherwise random.

So I decided to check it out further and turned off the BMS for a few secs and then on again. The BMS rebooted and soon had a steady run light - at this point all 3 battery run lights were flashing together in sync. They have stayed this way for a while - so I conclude that they start off in sync but over a period of time their individual internal clocks get out of sync. Would this explain your observation ?

I hope this may help. I chose not to carry out the immediate charge/discharge cycles as you have tried, though I saw the advice. I agree I would prefer more precise instructions as to what is important in such a cycle. However, I have been monitoring the performance of the adjusted battery set by checking the energy delivered overnight when there is no solar PV - I can see a 50% increase in total capacity with 3 in place of 2 batteries, so remain content.

Regards
Alan
Asyrop:
14 poorly angled 415W panels
5kW H1 inverter
3 x MIRA 25 batteries

Cambridgeshire - installed Nov 22
Daviessteve

Just received this reply from Fox support
‘’Hi Steve,

Your system is recognising all 4 batteries.

However it seems the new batteries were added with a different voltage to the original set.

They are in the process of balancing so you may notice a reduction in capacity until they balance.

This process can take between 1 week and 2 months depending on how different the voltage of the batteries was when they were added.

But for now, everything seems normal for your case.

If there are any additional questions please reply to this email.

Kind regards,
FoxESS UK Service’’

I do think there needs to be a clearer instruction regarding adding more battery capacity
Not exactly plug and play
Fox H1 5.0
4 Mira 2k5 batteries
4k4 of Sharp Panels
Daviessteve

Fair play Fox UK support are good

They have just confirmed that my batteries are balanced

They can remotely interrogate my system

They did say they have a capability to assist the balancing process

I have already seen a much increased capacity

Well done to Fox Support UK

Well worth contacting this team if you need help or advice