Hello from Blackpool

Welcome to the forum, feel free to say hi and show off your installation photos and share your experience.
andytee

Hi,
I'm Andy, 67 yrs I'm semi retired now, but worked in engineering for many years, and later as an IT consultant.

My 12kW system was installed in November 2022.
It comprises:-
40 Sharp 320W All Black Panels, mounted on Renusol buckets, in a field at the back of my house. I have raised the back of the plastic buckets with concrete blocks to bring the angle up from 15 degrees to 35 degrees. The panels face about 15 degrees East of South.

20 panels are fed into a 6Kw Fox ESS hybrid inverter.
The other 20 panels are fed into a a 5kW Solis S5-GR1P Inverter and the output of this goes into the ac charge port of the Fox inverter.

I currently have 4 Fox HV2600 batteries with matching controller and I have 3 more on order ( since March this year..!)
I'm also considering adding another 20 panels, (more to increase the output when there is less daylight, than to generate extra when the sun shines...!)

The inverters and batteries are installed in a hut in the centre of the panel array, and connected to the house mains via an 85 meter buried wire armoured cable (10 mm) .
I have lots of clamp on sensors on various wires, and read the outputs via an A to D converter on a Raspberry Pi. which runs home-brewed software ( PHP and SQL) to give me output onto a webpage.
I'm intending to replace the current sensors with a directly connected Modbus system when I eventually get round to it...
Will
Site Admin

Welcome, thanks for sharing. Great setup
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
andytee

Thanks Will,
Much appreciate your efforts on setting up this forum, like so many others of my generation I'm not a great lover of Facebook, although I have learned a lot from the Fox discussions on there in the past.
Hopefully this forum will become the go to place for loads of really useful Fox related information and discussion.
Will
Site Admin

Fingers crossed, people start moving over from Facebook to this. Facebook is super convenient for most.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild