Multiple inverters - should all connect to the same meter?

elch2000

Hi, I have two inverters in my installation, an AIO-H3-8.0 and a T3-G4. Currently only the AIO is hooked up to the central energy meter (via RS485 / Modbus). The disadvantage is that in the app, the energy flow from the T4-G3 is showing the T4 is always exporting to the grid. The functionality of the system is not really severely affected by this, but it kind of bugs me. Would it be possible to hook both inverters in parallel up to the energy meter? Any disadvantages doing this? I have found no guidelines from Fox ESS regarding this topic, if there are any I would appreciate any links to them.
Dave Foster

Unfortunately not the AIO 3 phase can only have one meter connected to it :(
elch2000

So how would that work if I bought two AIOs? How would the AIO without a meter connection know when to output power (and how much) from the battery?
Dave Foster

elch2000 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:29 pm So how would that work if I bought two AIOs? How would the AIO without a meter connection know when to output power (and how much) from the battery?
The H3 AIO’s have a parallel CAN bus that allows them to communicate between them, when you have several connected one is designated the master and that has the meter, the others are all monitored and managed by the master.