My SN is invalid

jeantobec

Hello
My system S3000 inverter + 6 x 375W PV works fine BUT on the fox-ess cloud when attempting to create my site, the SN of my inverter is invalid. The site answers 41931-No valid verified SN
Please help
Dave Foster

That normally means that the site is already registered to a user - have you already setup an account ?

If you haven't it may have been your installer - contact Foxess support and they will de-register it for you so you can set it up again.
jeantobec

yes I've an account
Asked that question to fox support but I have no answer
Will
Site Admin

I'd recommend giving them a call if you don't hear back from them via email within a week.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
jeantobec

thx
No call number from the subsidiary in France and they do not answer. A usual in France
jeantobec

I've fixed the problem. It's not the inverter SN but the WI-FI SN you must fill in
Dave Foster

jeantobec wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:19 pm I've fixed the problem. It's not the inverter SN but the WI-FI SN you must fill in
That’s great, glad to hear you have fixed it
Will
Site Admin

Correct, it's the wifi datalogger serial under the QR code not he inverter serial that you need to setup under the site area of the fox app.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
jeantobec

Right
Thx
everything works fine
Since it communicates using the Modbus protocol (I was a Modicon Modbus pionner in 1979), what are the Modbus fct codes used ? (ref PI-MBUS-300 bible..) and their meaning ?
I want to control it using a SCADA
Best Rgds
Dave Foster

You can find quite a bit of information here https://github.com/StealthChesnut/HA-Fo ... e---H1-AC1, there is a lot of work going on at the moment to capture this information and the documents will be being updated shortly - the RS485 Agent (control) addresses are shown off a link on that page.

I would recommend you interface the inverter via RS485 (plenty of TCP>ModbusRTU devices available), it can be done directly by ethernet but there are fewer accessible addresses and some reports of reliability issues (inverters freezing) when accessing by LAN.

This integration for Home Assistant provides the majority of the available inverter sensors https://github.com/nathanmarlor/foxess_modbus
bluemoon45757

Hi I am a new user fox ess inverter f5000 .I have issues
in parameters settings I try to login to register installer user but I can't add my inverter dongle sn no to register it's saying sn is invalid please help me on this issue

Thanks
Dave Foster

bluemoon45757 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:28 pm Hi I am a new user fox ess inverter f5000 .I have issues
in parameters settings I try to login to register installer user but I can't add my inverter dongle sn no to register it's saying sn is invalid please help me on this issue

Thanks
If the datalogger (dongle) has already been added to an account it won’t let you add it again - if this is the case you’ll have to contact foxess support and ask them to remove the old user.