Re: EQ4800-L9 capacity mismatch: 41.9 kWh capacity but measured ~37 kWh
Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2026 10:54 am
I'm in Canberra and this worries me, i wish i'd known about this before i bought a L9 in January, i would have gone elsewhere.
This is a private, informal group designed as a support network for all FoxESS owners and installers
https://foxesscommunity.com/
Not very relevant to the thread.QLDuser wrote: ↑Mon Apr 27, 2026 12:31 pm Do you guys realise that it is battery preservation issue? Best practice recommends that lithium batteries are cycled within certain limits to preserve better lifespan. Cycling from 10-100% gives it a certain lifespan which I think is what FoxESS estimates, ie 6000 cycles before dropping to 70% efficiency. Of course many other factors impact upon its lifespan such as temperature and how fast the battery is charged or discharged etc. Dropping to 0% battery will bring on faster deterioration. Ideal recommendation is actually to cycle between 20-80%.
For good explanation on FoxESS see https://www.solarwind.net.au/extending- ... -warranty/
StarryTissue, did you end up hearing back from Fox ? I just realised I have the same issue.StarryTissue wrote: ↑Mon Jan 05, 2026 10:35 am
So in either case, there is either something wrong with the app figures, and in both cases, we aren't able to access the full battery as specified. At best we are missing 10% capacity, and at worse we are missing 20% capacity.
All can be reproduced using Fox Cloud stats, home assistant is just a handy way of graphing and logging that data at a good higher interval. So I definitely don't think it is a home assistant issue.
But as you suggested will write to Fox and see what they say.