FoxESS mobile App - data not updating / Inverter offline

Will
Site Admin

If you've noticed that your inverter is not sending data to the FoxESS cloud or that your inverter appears offline on the app but is working fine follow these steps.

IF YOUR INVERTER HAS NEVER REPORTED CORRECTLY ENSURE THE FIRMWARE IS UP TO DATE AS THIS IS A COMMON ISSUE.

1. Is the wifi module flashing fast (rapidly) or slow (around once a second slowly)?
If it's flashing slowly, then it's working fine and likely a restart of the inverter is needed or a force close of the FoxESS app and reopening the app.

If the wifi module is flashing fast (rapid flashing red) then it's likely lost connection to your Wifi.
As above, most issues can be resolved by restarting the inverter but following the shutdown and restart process documented here viewtopic.php?t=5
If restarting the inverter doesn't work, using your phone connect your the wifi module. Normally with an SSID of W-XXXXXXX X's being letters and numbers. The Wifi password is mtmt2020
Once connected to the wifi module's wifi open a browser and navigate to 192.168.1.1 and enter.
You can now select a wifi network and type the wifi network password and click save. The wifi module is reboot and hopefully now be connected to wifi and only be flashing slowly.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
sjc2000

Hi ,
weve got connection and the app is showing our site
green ticks on datalogger line with 3 bars
inverter green tick also , but all values on app are zero.
have been for over 24hrs
kits working fine and inverter screen showing expected values
any ideas

edit , was also saying battery offline on app.

4.32 kW pv
3.7 hybrid fox inverter
5.2 kWh batteries

Cheers Jim

watched your vids , thanks for taking the time to make them . info on this kit is a bit sparse from manufacturer !
Last edited by sjc2000 on Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
sjc2000

issue potentially resolved.
after going through full setup again yesterday afternoon it appears to be working this morning. It started giving figures 7.30am as generation started though no battery consumption data over night,
Ill monitor and update for general interest and info sharing
Will
Site Admin

Sounds like a network issue but do keep us posted on how you get on.

2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
Dual Tesla Household
JessGlenny

'If restarting the inverter doesn't work, using your phone connect your the wifi module.' How do you do this?! The wifi is blinking fast, so seems to suggest something wrong with the connection.
Will
Site Admin

use you phone to connect to the wifi module, normally starts with a W and looks like W-XXXXXXXXX with the passcode mtmt2020 and then visit 192.168.1.1 on your phone and select the correct network and type the password. Press save and the wifi module will reboot.

2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
Dual Tesla Household
Nightfox84

sjc2000 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:05 pm Hi ,
weve got connection and the app is showing our site
green ticks on datalogger line with 3 bars
inverter green tick also , but all values on app are zero.
have been for over 24hrs
kits working fine and inverter screen showing expected values
any ideas

edit , was also saying battery offline on app.

4.32 kW pv
3.7 hybrid fox inverter
5.2 kWh batteries

Cheers Jim

watched your vids , thanks for taking the time to make them . info on this kit is a bit sparse from manufacturer !
hello i just installed a fox ess inverter but i have the same problem as you wifi module correctly connected to the network, from the app all the values are 0. how should i solve it?
Attachments
Screenshot_20230325_112055_FoxCloud.jpg
14x 410w JA Solar panels
1 x H1 6.0
4 x HV2600
Will
Site Admin

I've noticed that you need to be on the latest firmware for the batteries to report correctly. make sure your firmware is up to date.

2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
Dual Tesla Household
Duncbaines

Guys hi

Same issue for me just started this morning. Showing 0kw across the board, and showing ‘offline’ on Real-time data and batteries. Main screen shows that I’m generating though 🧐

I’ve rebooted the entire system, checked that the wifi dongle is flashing slowly, reconnected to home wifi and resaved passwords.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Attachments
7692D314-EDEE-4298-8ED2-4F92D33A5B23.jpeg
B70BD87F-5AD1-4F09-8866-FABE951DEFB8.jpeg
6B10404F-8E36-4B4D-BD40-FCB6EAEC4DBA.jpeg
Phil_P

I have the same issue across 3 devices with the app loaded to monitor my system. I can only assume that the app has failed at the server end. Hopefully it'll get noticed and sorted!
Milllerboy

Looking at the online portal there is a message stating that foxess cloud is down for maintenance from 4am thismorning until 4am tomorrow, I have the same issue with app not working but everything displaying correctly on the inverter so think it will come back tomorrow.

Shame fox don't push notifications to the app advising you of things like this, that said the app is pretty terrible! A widget would be so useful so you don't have to go through the 7 odd steps just to see your data and battery!
Phil_P

You see the message re the server flash up briefly when you try to log in. I did note that the server down time period times were from 2022!!! I hope that was just a cut-n-paste issue.
MikeDucker

Hi
I had the same system update message yesterday. App seems to be working fine now but all historic data is missing. Any advice please?
calum

From https://www.foxesscloud.com/login the message reads
For data before April 23, 2023, access is temporarily closed for power generation data backup, and it will return to normal after the backup ends at 00:00:00 (UTC +0) on May 6, 2023

I read this as saying the historical data will be available again after 6th May.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
Horsley1

Can someone tell me how to get a firmware upgrade. I have been on the app store but there is nothing there. (I have an android phone)

TIA
calum

Horsley1 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:38 pm Can someone tell me how to get a firmware upgrade. I have been on the app store but there is nothing there. (I have an android phone)

TIA
You would generally start with your installer, who should have "agent" access that would allow them to perform these upgrades remotely.
Failing that you can email Fox UK with your Data logger serial number and ask them to assist.
Contact Fox here
APfox

calum wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:43 pm
Horsley1 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:38 pm Can someone tell me how to get a firmware upgrade. I have been on the app store but there is nothing there. (I have an android phone)

TIA
You would generally start with your installer, who should have "agent" access that would allow them to perform these upgrades remotely.
Failing that you can email Fox UK with your Data logger serial number and ask them to assist.
Or you create a profile here: FoxESS Support and request the firmware update via a request form (I used Fault Classification "FX47 Other issues")

Took some time (about a week) and some issues (you can read about them starting here) but in the end I've got the latest firmware installed
H1-5.0-E1 inverter
ECS2900-H3
4400wp (SW) + 2000wp (NE) PV Array
HomeAssistant via WaveShare RS485 PoE to ETH (b)
no wi-fi (no stable connection)

goal: disconnect the FoxEss system from the internet completely and manage it from HA.
Horsley1

Thanks all

My installer has gone bust !

I have raised a ticket like you said. Let's see what happens.

Ray
agipeyser

Having a problem with my data logger.
Flashing red.
Closed down the system and restarted it.
Connected to the W........ network using mtmt2020 password.
When I then tried to go to 192.168.1.1 it says connection timed out.
Help please as my installer has gone bust.
calum

What can happen is your device identifies that there is no internet access on the W******* wifi network and drops that connection for another one.

Some devices are more aggressive about this than others. When you get the timeout message, is your device definitely connected to the W******* wifi network?

If your device happens to be one of the ones that is very aggressive about dropping connections with no internet access, you can normally change a setting to reduce this.
Contact Fox here
simonj.wright@ntlworld.com

Hi,

I have followed all of your suggestions and I still have a rapid flashing red light on the wifi module and no data in the app.

Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
Simon
Dave Foster

Are you able to log into the dataloggers ssid (W-xxxxxxxx) and enter the password ?

Can you say how far you get with the process and where it goes wrong (the guide is attached follow from step 3)

Was it working up until you changed broadband provider, or did it just stop working ?

The datalogger uses the 2.4Ghz wifi band and some routers have both frequencies (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) sharing the same ssid name which can cause problems - naming them differently my_ssid_name24, my_ssid_name5 helps to clear that up.

IMG_1275.png
JSanders1

Will wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:50 am use you phone to connect to the wifi module, normally starts with a W and looks like W-XXXXXXXXX with the passcode mtmt2020 and then visit 192.168.1.1 on your phone and select the correct network and type the password. Press save and the wifi module will reboot.
Where on the wifi module do I find the W-XXXXXX number?

Is it the datalogger SN without the first fw numbers? There is a 'W' in it.

When I tried using this number, or scanned the QR code on the datalogger, the app says "Device not found".
Dave Foster

JSanders1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:34 pm
Will wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:50 am use you phone to connect to the wifi module, normally starts with a W and looks like W-XXXXXXXXX with the passcode mtmt2020 and then visit 192.168.1.1 on your phone and select the correct network and type the password. Press save and the wifi module will reboot.
Where on the wifi module do I find the W-XXXXXX number?

Is it the datalogger SN without the first fw numbers? There is a 'W' in it.

When I tried using this number, or scanned the QR code on the datalogger, the app says "Device not found".
You won't find it on the module itself, it is hard coded and is the SSID name that it broadcasts over wifi - if you have a phone or tablet with wifi, go into your wifi settings and search - find the one that is W-XXXXXXX and connect to that following the guide posted a few posts earlier.