40257 - Parameter does not meet expectations

Seano

I am trying to set force charge on my battery, however when I click on the cog above the battery icon on the desktop application, the window opens but I get the above message and cannot click the radio buttons or enter a start or stop time as the fields are greyed out.
Dave Foster

I’ve just checked mine and it’s working ok for me - have you got the app that you could try, just in case it’s your computer time/data locale that’s causing it.
Seano

Hi, yes, I have the app, but get the same message when I try and access the eye icon in the battery page. I tried doing on the unit itself and that seems to work, but ig is just a bit clunky. So I would still like to resolve the issue.
Seano

Turns out the whole system needed a firmware update that needed to be performed by FoxESS.
Dave Foster

Seano wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:32 pm Turns out the whole system needed a firmware update that needed to be performed by FoxESS.
Ok, have to admit I was stumped - thanks for the update
graham

I have this same error message. I'm trying to change the force charge start time again after a period of a few days, so I don't know when whatever parameter is out of range was changed.

So how does one get the firmware updated by FoxESS?

Graham
Graham Fountain
dforster

I have this same error this morning on two different installs, each on different firmware and different inverters (one single phase and one three phase), so I think it's fair to say its probably a problem with the foxess cloud.

Dave.
Dave Foster

Everybody seems to be getting this error today, it looks to be a FoxESS cloud error - hopefully it'll be fixed shortly.
JoNi

I also had the 40257 - Parameter does not meet expectations error when trying to set times for Force Charge and Charge from Grid on my H1-3.7-E inverter both on the app and using the web. The Foxess telephone help desk reset times for Force Charge and Charge from Grid remotely. And he remotely upgraded my firmware which he said was quite out of date. The versions I now have are Master 1.54 Slave 1.02 and Manager 1.57. When I checked the times for Force Charge and Charge from Grid had indeed been set. However when I tried to change the times I still got the 40257 error message. So I am not sure it is simply a firmware upgrade issue. For the moment I won’t turn off Force Charge and Charge from Grid!
graham

My problem now seems to be fixed.
Graham Fountain
JoNi

I have now been able to change the Force Charge and Charge from Grid times successfully. So that problem appears to have resolved. I haven’t tried turning off Force Charge and Charge from Grid - I would rather not at this time - but I will test this at some point in the future.
Will
Site Admin

Thanks for the update that a firmware update was required to resolve this.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild