SoC goes down without any consumption

helge

Hi,
I just woke up with an empty battery. Then I encountered a strange discharge of my battery cube (CM4100, base + two bars = 10.89kWh), which would describe as: linear discharge without any load.
I have set the minimum SoC from 10% (factory default) to 25% (is that okay?). This is probably what made the drain stop.
The following screenshot describes the phenomenon quite good I think:
fox_battery_runs_dry_notes.jpg
Needles to say, that there where no scheduled consumers this night. Also I can not find any load, feed-in or even discharge for that time.

My question is: what happened to my battery last night?
calum

I have something similar with my HV2600 battery bank. Seems to be a BMS firmware issue...
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
stephenstewart

I remote monitor our customers system to check for issues and ive notice around 2am that there battery discharges to- 0.40Kw,this looks the same as mentioned any ideas what is causing this,ita around the same time every night on two customers systems
calum

See this thread. Working hypothesis is that there's a firmware bug in the BMS. I'm going to write to my installer and ask if they can upgrade the firmware for the BMS and batteries only, since I don't want to lose the ethernet port functionality for monitoring with Home Assistant until I've had chance to set up the RS485 alternative.
Contact Fox here
helge

My entire system didn't do anything for the first week until I called the installer and said "it's not working" and then a firmware update finally made my system produce energy. Now this battery drain (happened again last night), that may again be related to the firmware.
I feel a little bit like a beta tester. Expensive beta program.
ricardo.amado

Any news on this matter?
Mine is also discharging 120Wh per hour during night, meaning around 18% of my total net capacity.
PS: Already tried with just one Force Charge and two Force Charge options connected.

RA
H1-5.0-E inverter
1x CM2900 + CS2900 (5,1kWh net)
2160wp PV Array
Wallbox Pulsar Plus EV Charger
BMW i3 and iX3
Homeassistant
calum

Reading around it seems the latest firmwares for all the components of the system both reduce the idle consumption of the inverter and also improve the SoC tracking of the battery.
Worth getting in touch with your installer to ask for the latest versions to be installed.
Contact Fox here