Home Assistant + Grafana

calum

Just to show what can be achieved with HA + InfluxDB + Grafana, which is a little bit of twiddling to get set up and learn to use, but gives you access to much better visualisations than you get out of stock HA.

Screenshot 2023-02-27 142604.png
This is my "at a glance what is happening right now / so far today" view
Screenshot 2023-02-27 142559.png
Battery and inverter temps vs outside. Had issues with batteries getting cold in December, built a wooden box lined with EPS to stop that happening, but of course I need to understand how warm they are so I can dismantle the box (it was designed to be taken apart and put back together easily) and stop them getting too hot!
Screenshot 2023-02-27 142528.png
This is just your ordinary how much juice am I getting, because of the way the panels are arranged on our roof it's very handy to see the separate strings
Screenshot 2023-02-27 142554.png
This helps me see how things change over the course of a day
Screenshot 2023-02-27 142549.png
This lets me see how much energy we're pulling in, exporting, generating, using, putting in the battery, etc.

Most of this you could do with the Plotly card (or similar) in HA natively, but I think they are much easier to read in Grafana, and it scales up and down between desktop monitors and mobile devices much better, in my opinion.

I also have a load of temp sensors and power monitoring plugs around the place that are included in the same dashboard, but I've left them out because they're not relevant to the solar / battery subject of the board.

If you've managed to get your HA instance working with your Fox inverter, getting Influx + Grafana going is not really any more difficult, but happy to try and answer questions on setup if I can. I found this guide very useful, as well as the installation notes for the respective add-ons.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
Can

Also using Grafana.

Can you post your json configs for the dash? I'd like to improve my own.
calum

Sure, it's attached to this post. It is about 5000 lines long, I've got a load of temperature and power consumption sensor stuff in there as well, you can strip those bits out of course.
Attachments
Home Dashboard.zip
(5.78 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here