Oversize & battery

JoeJoe57

Hi.

As I understand it If I oversize hybrid inverter (H1-6.0-E-G2) beyond my export limit (5kw) the 1kw difference can be fed into the battery or house.

Is there an idiot proof guide/way to limit the battery charge for summer so I don't fill the battery before I exceed the export limit. If so could someone point me in the right direction!

Also given the 90% DOD on the eg EP11 would that mean to set the battery to retain 10% usable charge after a force discharge I need to set it to 10% or 20%?

Thanks

J
Dave Foster

Yes, if you have a 6kW inverter with 6kWp of panels at max power you can supply your house load up to 6kW or export at 5kW and feed up to 1kW into your house load or charge your batteries at 2kW (by setting a charge limit) and feed 4kW into the load etc…

But that’s all on the AC side i.e. the inverter cannot provide anymore than 6kW at 240v AC

You can oversize your PV array to say 8kW and whilst the inverter cannot produce any more than 6kW AC it can use the spare DC to charge your batteries (DC) so with this example with 8kWp of panels at max power you could feed 2kW into your batteries, 1 kW into your house load and 5kW to export.

There’s a number of ways of achieving this, by setting a max charge current, by setting a battery charge period etc… - I don’’t think there’s a guide to doing this - but once you have it fitted and your ready to go, be assured you can do it, just ask here.

The 90% DOD is similar across the whole range of Fox ESS batteries, the setting is called minSoC and it would normally be set to 10%, it can’t be set any lower - so 90% of the batteries capacity is available.
JoeJoe57

Thanks thats v helpful an 8kw array is what I had in mind but I had no clue where to start on how to control that '3'kw so as to charge the battery.