Module addressing failed problem

MH2024

Hello,
I wonder if someone has any suggestions please.
I had a new instal in April. With BMS and 3 x Mira HV25 2.45 batteries.

I decided to add another battery. Went for Mira HV25 again.

Bracket and battery installed all ok.
All connected exactly as the foxess YouTube video shows. Dip set to 2 (for a total of one BMS and four batteries).
It was on 1 originally (for a (then) total of one BMS and three batteries).

addr dip switches on all the battery modules left down (off).

Upon power on I get lights on all four batteries and the bms.

But shortly after power on the red alarm flashes and buzzer sounds with the SOC lights in the BMS appearing to show error code for module addressing failed problem if I am reading the error display and manual correctly.
Red alarm led and the two left hand led lit green on the SOC display.

Any suggestions on my problem and how to solve greatly appreciated.

Ps I have > 52v on each module and > 208 total from the four modules together.
reef

What was the SOC of the existing three HV25s? The new battery will come with a SOC of about 50% so you ideally want the existing three as close to that as possible so they can be more easily balanced.

In the past when adding batteries I got the existing batteries to 50%, added the new one and did a full discharge/recharge and had no issues.
MH2024

Yes. Existing batteries were close to 50

44percent.
Dave Foster

Can you post an image of your battery stack please, might help to work out the problem.

Also I know you said all the addr dip switches on the batteries were down, but I have seen batteries where the dip switch was installed upside down and so ‘off’ was up - look very carefully at the ‘on’ label to confirm the orientation.
MH2024

Thank you,

Photo attached..
I have carefully checked and the addr dip switches all have the on label correct orientation.

I have raised a support ticket to request a check / firmware upgrade.
Attachments
IMG_5397.jpeg
IMG_5396.jpeg
MH2024

PS
FoxCloud 2.0 battery page shows
Version_BMS 1.004

It only lists master and three slavers.
The serial number for the new (fourth)battery isn’t listed

And the inverter page shows

Version_Master 1.65
Version_Slaver 1.02
Version_ARM 1.74

Are these in need of update?
I have my fingers crossed that a firmware update will do the trick. (Though not sure how the new battery firmware is updated if not seen by the system- hopefully it does)

I could do with the continuous buzzer giving us some peace as it is in loft just above the bedroom.
Dave Foster

It all looks to be installed correctly, and I can see that the new battery is the first in the chain, it is possible if the firmware is very old that this is causing the problem and Fox will be able to update the BMS remotely and then move on to updating the slaves - they will also be able to check which pack is reporting the error. Another possibility is a faulty interconnect cable.
MH2024

Many thanks Dave. I appreciate your kind input.
MH2024

Do we know the latest Firmware ver for BMS and batteries?

Mine showing BMS as ver 1.004 but I was informed are being updated to 1.14 if I heard correctly.

Thanks
Dave Foster

MH2024 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:10 pm Do we know the latest Firmware ver for BMS and batteries?

Mine showing BMS as ver 1.004 but I was informed are being updated to 1.14 if I heard correctly.

Thanks
Latest Master is 1.014, and Slave is 1.11 so you probably heard them right :)
MH2024

It turned out that the new comms data cable (the short interconnect one) was faulty.

All working now.