Night Mode

Del4ev

Hi everyone!

Can someone explain to me, what "Night Mode" for?

I have T10-G3.
JanRox

Hi

I have the same question. Did you get any information or other insights on Night mode?

I have problems with my inverter shutting down during night and not starting up in the morning.
If I manually switch the DC off and then on after a minute, then it starts up.
Can it be the Night mode that is the cause?

Regards Jan
Dave Foster

I wish I knew the answer to this question - as default the inverter will go into standby when the PV drops below startup voltage with very low power usage and suspending the datalogger. I was led to believe that changing this setting would keep the inverter awake, but i've never been able to get anyone to confirm that operation.

If you get the chance to test it, i'd be very grateful if you could post back to let us know.
JanRox

Hi
The system has been running now since my last post.
It is a strange behaviour.
The inverter shuts off in the evening when there are no PV power.
In the morning the inverter turns on if I have Night mode enabled, but with Night mode disabled it will not turn on.
With Night mode disabled I have to manually turn AC off, DC off and then DC on and finally AC on. It wakes up already when DC is turned on.

Thus, when I have Night mode enabled, everything is ok with the inverter turning off in the evening and on in the morning.

I have failed to get any more info about this behaviour. I raised a ticket in the support area but no response.
Regards Jan
JanRox

A minor update. Upgrading to the latest firmware does not change the Night mode behaviour.
These are the versions I used:
Master FW: 1.31 to 1.49
Slave FW: 1.01 to 1.02
Manager: 1.20 to 1.24 (I had to downgrade back to 1.20 to get RS-485 to work)
AFCI: 0.23 to 0.25