help understanding app overview page

Judy01

Hi All

Time of reading is 19:52, my app reading : load 11kw, PV 54w and grid 69w. I am a little confused,, if the house load is only 0.11kw, why am I drawing 69w from the grid. Confused.com

Also how do I get a total export read from this app, does this feature exist?

Appreciate your help.

Judy
Dave Foster

Hi, which app are you using, is it the V1 app (blue background) or the V2 app (black background) ?

The data screen is a snapshot taken every 5 minutes so not a real time view, and when larger appliances turn on and off you sometimes see strange numbers (sampling errors) which will correct after the next data snapshot is taken 5 minutes later.

But all of those measurements you mention are very small, the inverter is grid tied and takes a small sample of power off the grid usually around 15W to synchronise when it is not exporting but I suspect what you are seeing is just a sampling error.
Judy01

Hi Dave
V2 app. I appreciate your explanation.
Thank you
Judy
Dave Foster

Ok, if it’s the V2 app from the ‘plant’ page (the picture of the house), swipe left and you will see this screen -
IMG_1590.jpeg
You can see the export total for the Day, Month or Year by changing the selection.
Will
Site Admin

I explain the grid use here in this video, ignore most of it as it's out of date but the response and background grid draw is still accurate.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild