Octopus Agile Work Model

robraytaylor

Hi,

So I recently discovered from a Facebook group that there was a new Octopus Agile Work Model - I have been trying to enable it over the past couple of weeks but it's not working at all? I wondered if I am doing something wrong.

First I tried to set up the Time Slot Mode - but it would not even save that - I profiled the API and the server just keeps thinking it is in Trigger Price Mode, so nevermind I thought and set something up in Trigger Price Mode to charge if the price was below 15p as a test. I left it for a few days and found the battery hasn't charged at all?

Do these settings actually just not work at all? Or is there some other step I don't understand?

The problem is compounded because now I can't seem to set up any force charge periods at all :( - anyone had a different experience?
Dave Foster

I don't have much experience of this i'm afraid to say - but there are a few users over on the FoxESS Facebook group that have got this working - i'd suggest you have a look at this post and if that doesn't answer the question - add a comment there as the users there i'm sure will have found how to get round any gremlins that exist.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/foxesso ... 0747361097

It is a private group so you will need to send a request if you are not already in it, but there is lots of information there.
JimH

It's there in Fox ESS Cloud but doesn't trigger on my H1-5.0E -G2 (gen 2) inverter - I've been upgraded from firmware 1.30, to 1.31 and now on 1.32 but Fox ESS support advise that there is another release due the week after Easter to fix Agile integration issues. Could well apply to some other inverter models too.....
Fox ESS H1-5.0-E-G2
Fox ESS ESC 2900-H3 Cube Battery - Master plus 2 Slaves - All V2 - 8.64kWh
430w Jinko JKM430N-54HL4R-B all black panels (2 strings of 6 - SW facing) - 5.16 kWp
Octopus Agile Import and Fixed Export tariffs
adm

So a bit of a late joiner to this thread, but I am also trying to get the Octopus Agile work model running.

I can see it in the cloud via a web browser, and I can select the different modes and tell it I want to (for instance) buy power at the 4 lowest cost Agile periods.

However - it doesn't seem to be picking up the Agile rates. If I click on the "View Rates" button, it returns a blank table showing my location as East Midlands rather than SE England. No rates populate and I would expect to see a set of half hourly rates.

I also get a "40257-Parameter does not meet expectations" error.

My Octopus API is set up in "My Sites" and pressing the "test" button returns the Agile tariff name, my MAPN and the meter serial number. So I think that's all correct.

Anyway, does anyone have any insight on this? I am currently programming the lowest Agile manually every evening, which is easy enough, but I want to be able to automate it via the integration....
Attachments
Untitled3.jpg
JimH

Which inverter and firmware revision do you have?
Fox ESS H1-5.0-E-G2
430w Jinko JKM430N-54HL4R-B all black panels (2 strings of 6 - SW facing) - 5.16 kWp
slee7791

I have the same issue, except the East Midlands list is populated with times and prices (not my area).

H1-3.7-E Firmware Version_Master 1.63
SolarJunkie

adm wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:44 pm So a bit of a late joiner to this thread, but I am also trying to get the Octopus Agile work model running.

I can see it in the cloud via a web browser, and I can select the different modes and tell it I want to (for instance) buy power at the 4 lowest cost Agile periods.

However - it doesn't seem to be picking up the Agile rates. If I click on the "View Rates" button, it returns a blank table showing my location as East Midlands rather than SE England. No rates populate and I would expect to see a set of half hourly rates.

I also get a "40257-Parameter does not meet expectations" error.

My Octopus API is set up in "My Sites" and pressing the "test" button returns the Agile tariff name, my MAPN and the meter serial number. So I think that's all correct.

Anyway, does anyone have any insight on this? I am currently programming the lowest Agile manually every evening, which is easy enough, but I want to be able to automate it via the integration....
After clicking 'test' you then need to click 'edit' at the bottom of the page. Not intuitive and I suppose it should say 'save'.
16x JA Solar 495 panels 8 East, 8 West, low pitch roof
H1-5.0 hybrid inveter
5x HV2600 batteries
Marle iBoost solar diverter
JimH

OK - I'm now on H1-5.0-E-G2 inverter manager 1.32, which took a full shutdown/reboot to fix issues at inverter level.

As far as Agile goes, 2 issues still remain :

1. Since the change to BST all Agile rates pulled into the Fox ESS cloud table are "out" by one hour

2. Everyone's rate table seems to have the header "East Midlands" hard coded for area, even though the rates (apart from the GMT/BST issue above) seem to be correct...

Fox ESS are aware of both and are working on fixes...
Fox ESS H1-5.0-E-G2
tch

Running H1-6.0-E-G2, Master : 1.22, Slave : 1.02, Manager : 1.34. Put the Octopus customer ID and API key, clicked TEST with positive result of the tariff/MPAN/SN below. Did click the "Edit" button at the bottom after TEST. Also did shutdown whole system after upgrading to 1.22 master and 1.34 manager. Going to Work Model but checking the "View rates" still shows the error "40257-Parameter does not meet expectations". See screenshot below.
fox1.jpg
fox2.png
Appreciate if anyone had similar issues and found the fix at the end. The only reason I could explain is the Octopus side as I have not received the MCS certificate so Octopus may have to update my tariff to the one that Fox can understand.