App Understanding

alumhurstsolar

Hi all, I have recently had a Fox Solar system fitted by Start Solar. The FoxCloud App figures doesn't marry up with the Eon electric meter readings. So for instance since my last bill (dated 21/03/24) 27 days ago I have used, according to the Eon meter meter 767 kWh in the day (0600hrs - 2359hrs) and 418 kWh in the night (0000hrs to 0600hrs) I charge my battery from the grid during the early hours and I thought the App was telling me I'm using the Battery & Solar Power up in the day and therefore reducing from the grid (the battery strength reads up and down between 100% and 50% through the day as it discharges and recharges from the Solar power and is normally around 50% level as the Solar stops charging for the day using the remaining battery power until midnight when I force charge (time programmed in settings)

The App shows that the "GridConsumption Power" is around 4Kwh when I charge after midnight (for about 1hr 20 mins approx.) and then very little for the rest of the day so I assumed that I'm not pulling from the grid hardly at all and using Solar and Stored battery however looking at the last 27 days readings the Eon meter shows me using 767 kWh in the day (28 kWh per day) and 418 kWh in the night (15 kWh per day) which conflicts with the App.... unless I'm completely not understanding the figures?

Sorry if this has been a silly question however if I'm reading the App correctly there is a huge disparity between the Eon meter and the App. I can't find a manual anywhere that explains everything so any guidance (in simple terms please) would be gratefully received.

Todays App snapshot attached. Showing "GridConsumption Power"

Wayne
Attachments
Unknown.png
Dave Foster

Your app suggests that you have very limited draw from the grid as you say - so something is wrong somewhere.

Is the app displaying the other power variables such as the house load, any feed in etc.. correctly - could you post some of the graphs you see for those as well please.

As you say something is wrong, either the inverter isn't reading the load correctly via the CT clamp, or the CT clamp has been fitted in the wrong place so you are not seeing the correct house load - do you have an EV charger fitted as well ?