KH should I update?

UK_KH_User123

Hello:

I'm hoping maybe William will answer but all are welcome. I have a KH10.5 and I'm on firmware from a month or so ago (Master : 1.27 Slave : 1.01 Manager : 1.19). I know firmware was updated since then. I'm not having any problems but do like to keep current unless there are drawbacks (regressions or new problems introduced). Should I request the latest? Thanks.
UK_KH_User123

Ok... I was impatient and feeling lucky, so I asked for an upgrade and received it. Only the manager was updated:

Master : 1.27 Slave : 1.01. Manager : 1.21

I'll report back if I find any problems.
UK_KH_User123

Spoke too soon!

Next round did the 'master':

Master : 1.29. Slave : 1.01. Manager : 1.21

That part of the upgrade did throw the device into EPS mode as if the AC power failed which in this case tripped one of the RCDs in the consumer unit meaning power was lost to many circuits in the house. The screen on the inverter said "Main CPU .. Program" with a percentage increasing to 100% when done, only took a minute probably.
Dave Foster

UK_KH_User123 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am Spoke too soon!

Next round did the 'master':

Master : 1.29. Slave : 1.01. Manager : 1.21

That part of the upgrade did throw the device into EPS mode as if the AC power failed which in this case tripped one of the RCDs in the consumer unit meaning power was lost to many circuits in the house. The screen on the inverter said "Main CPU .. Program" with a percentage increasing to 100% when done, only took a minute probably.
Whenever the Master is updated, it does a full restart - which normally would see it drop back to the 'checking xxS' screen and then after a few minutes it restarts. It sounds like it popped your breaker when it stopped supplying power which resulted in the EPS mode - is it back ok now ?, That obviously shouldn't happen but more a problem of the infrastructure than the inverter - so worth checking the rating on any breakers that are feeding the inverter and your RCD's to make sure they are rated correctly.
UK_KH_User123

Yes, it began working again quickly. Each side of the consumer unit (the whole unit is on the EPS output) has an 80A RCD. Probably just a fluke.
Bomber

UK_KH_User123 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm Yes, it began working again quickly. Each side of the consumer unit (the whole unit is on the EPS output) has an 80A RCD. Probably just a fluke.
I am about to upgrade to the 10.5KH. My solis hybrid 6kw, trips the RCCB on the socket side of my CB nearly every time it fires up. Just had a look, its 63A. I thought maybe it was because of the sudden surge of current but i think i need to ask whether i should put it up to 80A after reading your comments. Like you, my whole CB is fed by the EPS.
leonb

Have you had any issues since upgrading the firmware?

I had mine updated last week to Master : 1.29. Slave : 1.01. Manager : 1.21 and it was running smoothly with the new forced discharge on the scheduler but it 'semi-froze' yesterday. It was providing power from PV and then batteries but it failed to update to the next schedule. When I tried to do it manually via Energy Stats, v1, v2 or web they all returned a 'busy' error. Checking the display the power output number was 'stuck' but I could navigate the menus. If I tried to make any changes, like charge period, it showed 'failed' after. I tried to use 'stop' and it made a single 'click' but didn't do so. I ended up doing a good old 'turn it all off and on again' after which it picked up the current schedule it was meant to be using.