Help error code 242 Communication fault between manager and meter

Penswejan

Hi all Fox ess inverter H1-5.0-E
Error code 242 ‘Communication fault between manager and meter’
Checked as much cabling and connections as possible ,turned on /off etc nothing seems to work resulting in no solar power ,any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Maxiphil

Having the same issue. Did you manage to resolve?
Casi1976

Same here with H3-8.0-E.

What means "Manager"? Battery-Manager?

Maybe a Problem with the Firmware?

Master: V1.74
Manager: V1.43
Slave: V1.04
BobBaumeister999

Hi,

did anyone ever found out what this error was about and how it was fixed?
Having the same problem.

Thanks
Dave Foster

It means that the communications between your meter and the inverter has been lost - if you have a meter that is connected by RS485, check the cabling hasn’t been damaged or that the meter hasn’t locked up. This can sometime happen if the meter cabling is excessively wrong.
HvH

I have the same error code.
T12-G3 connected rs485 A to A and B to B using pin 3 and 4 .
The meter is set to N,1,9600 I cannot find or change the settings on my inverter, what are these settings so I can change the settings on my meter, DTSU666-ct.
The meter has documentation I can use, the cable (YnTKSYekw kabel 1x2x0,8 BITNER) is a communications cable 2x0,8mm 50M long, new.
Thanks
Lower Silesia, Poland
Foxess T12-G3
9x440W + 16x450W = 11KW
No battery
Heatpump
Chint DTSU666-ct
Iskra AM550
Dave Foster

I'm not that familiar with the meter myself but have a look at this video, it has the settings for Foxess https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83sfcdFZ1aw
HvH

Thank you for your answer,
Yes I use the same n,1,9600 settings, I assume the address on the inverter is 001 so I changed the address on the meter to 002. After a day nothing changed in the fox cloud, no Home load visible. This morning the error didn't come up again.
:?:
Did I miss something?

The connection is, wired 50m long, A to A and B to B using pin 3 and 4 (meter communications port in the manual for T12-G3) on the inverter, do I need a rs485 router or some other device? Should I try pin1 and pin2?
Lower Silesia, Poland
Foxess T12-G3
9x440W + 16x450W = 11KW
No battery
Heatpump
Chint DTSU666-ct
Iskra AM550
Dave Foster

Your pins are correct (3=B & 4=A), and it is A>A and B>B but I think the address should be set to 1 - the address ‘1’ at the inverter is the address it will poll.

The only other thing to check is that the meter is not disabled in the inverter settings.
HvH

solved
trying to set ct/meter gave a fault and shut down the inverter so there was no meter connected.
I disconnected and testet the wiring, which was ok.
After putting it all back together, 2hours later I decided to set again ct/meter. Now the option to choose meter came up and I could set a number after which the inverter went to NORMAL :o :shock: :D

Using the T serie with one button to press is difficult to use.
Am I allowed to register as installer on foxcloud?
Lower Silesia, Poland
Foxess T12-G3
9x440W + 16x450W = 11KW
No battery
Heatpump
Chint DTSU666-ct
Iskra AM550
Dave Foster

HvH wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:01 pm solved
trying to set ct/meter gave a fault and shut down the inverter so there was no meter connected.
I disconnected and testet the wiring, which was ok.
After putting it all back together, 2hours later I decided to set again ct/meter. Now the option to choose meter came up and I could set a number after which the inverter went to NORMAL :o :shock: :D

Using the T serie with one button to press is difficult to use.
Am I allowed to register as installer on foxcloud?
Great, glad it’s sorted.

If it’s a new install you would be better registering as an agent as you’ll have remote setting capability :)
HvH

I would love to. Can I add my existing installation to the new account.
But don't I need installer/agent code's or registration at foxess? I did find an agentcode on the polish website for use as a 1-man (or verry small) company, I think it's not possible to register a SN more than one time and am afraid to lose my history.
I have to do something because I cannot find my installer in the app or website, he went bust and there's no way to contact him.
Now I think the inverter will not get any updates.
please advice me what to do,
Lower Silesia, Poland
Foxess T12-G3
9x440W + 16x450W = 11KW
No battery
Heatpump
Chint DTSU666-ct
Iskra AM550
Dave Foster

I would suggest you create an agent account and add the T series to it, you won’t be able to add your existing site as it will be already registered (only Fox can do this) - if you email your local Fox service and tell them your installer has gone bust, and that you have a second inverter in an agent account, ask them to transfer your old inverter to your new account and then you’ll have both in one account.