Zappi charger and Octopus Intelligent Go - stop battery discharge?

Ched

Just bought an MG ZS EV and having a Zappi charger installed on Thursday. Hoping to switch to Octopus Intelligent Go and the fixed export at 15p/kwh.
I have just read the thread from @DaveFoster https://www.foxesscommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=358 about zappi and batteries on the old 2 force charge period system. What a great bit of code!

Now we have new modes and templates, has anyone created an automation to connect Octopus Intelligent Go & Zappi with FoxEss to stop the Zappi discharging the battery - out of the 11:30 to 5:30am cheap period if Octopus command the zappi to charge?

I was thinking about getting them to install a henley block and sub main board so the FoxEss system can't see the Zappi load but very limited space to install and I'm not confident the installers would understand what I would be asking them to do - it's a zappi 'supply and install deal' - fixed price.

Cheers for your help.
Jonesey

I'm having the same issue, ordered zappi from Octopus EV and charger was installed by sub contractor and not an Octopus installer as expected.
Zappi discharges home battery first unless I charge home battery at the same time, not easy when IOG has charging sessions outside of 23:30 - 05:30 window and as the lighter days are approaching I don't want to charge the home batteries every night. Called Octopus EV and complained and was asked if the installer had installed an extra 2 CT clamps which I confirmed they hadn't, just the one that came with it. Octopus customer advisor expressed surprise that this had not been done and has confirmed that a revisit will be required to install 2 more CT clamps. Revisit will be foc as normal practice to install extra clamps when solar/batteries are on site. I'm still waiting, now over 3 weeks for the revisit to be booked.
Dave Foster

Jonesey wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:30 am I'm having the same issue, ordered zappi from Octopus EV and charger was installed by sub contractor and not an Octopus installer as expected.
Zappi discharges home battery first unless I charge home battery at the same time, not easy when IOG has charging sessions outside of 23:30 - 05:30 window and as the lighter days are approaching I don't want to charge the home batteries every night. Called Octopus EV and complained and was asked if the installer had installed an extra 2 CT clamps which I confirmed they hadn't, just the one that came with it. Octopus customer advisor expressed surprise that this had not been done and has confirmed that a revisit will be required to install 2 more CT clamps. Revisit will be foc as normal practice to install extra clamps when solar/batteries are on site. I'm still waiting, now over 3 weeks for the revisit to be booked.
The sure way to stop your Zappi discharging your home battery is to fit it in such a way so that the inverter doesn't see it as house load - This is done by fitting a Henley block which splits the feed coming out of the smart meter - one feed goes to the house, the other to the Zappi charger - I don't think the extra CT clamps will help.

i've attached a schematic which shows this, hope it helps.
IMG_1434.JPG