ARM Ver Fault

markwdimelow

Hello, my inverter has developed an "ARM Ver Fault" showing on the box and on the pc it's not showing any error codes today but yesterday it was saying "error 198 low battery voltage"

I've shutdown and restarted the system, but to no avail.
I was going to go into the settings and reset the system, but was worried I might lose my login settings, not sure if the rest is a factory reset.

The inverter is in the loft, is it too cold?

The solar panels are also not generating, but the batteries are showing 85% charge, but nothing is feeding into the system. With the sun yesterday I would have expected the panels to have been generating quite well.

Has anyone got any ideas

Fox Hydrid Inverter H1-3.7E
Solar approx 3.6kwh
Battery 10kwh
Fox Hybrid Inverter H1-3.7E
Solar PV 3.85kwh - 10 Panels
Battery Mira HV25 8 units 20kwh
asyrop

Hi there
As regards the "ARM ver fault", we had this 24 hours into installation on Nov 18th and as it's not listed in the manual, I contected our installer who took it to Fox who fixed it remotely about 6 hours later. I took it to be a firmware update that the inverter needed, but have never had this confirmed.
We're having similar problems to the ones you describe in these low temperatures, but with the "ARM ver fault" the inverter produced no output.
Hope this helps...
Asyrop:
14 poorly angled 415W panels
5kW H1 inverter
3 x MIRA 25 batteries

Cambridgeshire - installed Nov 22
markwdimelow

Good news everything is up and running again. Fox ESS technical support were helpful and efficient.

The firmware hadn't been fully updated when the system was installed, the technician upgraded the firmware as required through the back office I assume and everything started working again.

Happy Days
Fox Hybrid Inverter H1-3.7E
Solar PV 3.85kwh - 10 Panels
Battery Mira HV25 8 units 20kwh
Will
Site Admin

Correct, the solution for an ARM Ver Fault is to simply get your installer or Fox support to update the manager firmware version to the latest which resolves the issue.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
APfox

Got the same error since yesterday at 16:08 (only noticed it around 18:00)
And this morning I saw the Master went from 1.44 to 1.54, guess something went wrong with the remote update :?

So I contacted the installer and they said they need to send someone over to fix this :o
H1-5.0-E1 inverter
ECS2900-H3
4400wp (SW) + 2000wp (NE) PV Array
HomeAssistant via WaveShare RS485 PoE to ETH (b)
no wi-fi (no stable connection)

goal: disconnect the FoxEss system from the internet completely and manage it from HA.
Dave Foster

APfox wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:47 am Got the same error since yesterday at 16:08 (only noticed it around 18:00)
And this morning I saw the Master went from 1.44 to 1.54, guess something went wrong with the remote update :?

So I contacted the installer and they said they need to send someone over to fix this :o
The Master and Managers typically go in matched pairs, if you’ve got Master 1.54, updating Manager remotely to 1.57 and restarting would sort it out.
APfox

Tell that to FoxESS Support, I mentioned this 8h ago in the ticket. No response whatsoever.
We're running on grid for more than 24h and it was such a sunny day :|

I just don't get why we don't have access to the firmware files.
H1-5.0-E1 inverter
ECS2900-H3

goal: disconnect the FoxEss system from the internet completely and manage it from HA.
Dave Foster

APfox wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:26 pm Tell that to FoxESS Support, I mentioned this 8h ago in the ticket. No response whatsoever.

Hmmm, very frustrating - the good news is that the latest firmware appears far more stable and the updates are less frequent so hopefully not such a regular occurrence - just to add if you buy another wifi datalogger ‘for your own’ use you can assign it to an agent account, and get access to firmware updates, you just replace the old data logger when you’re done and it will go back as it was (with updated firmware).
APfox

APfox wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:26 pm Tell that to FoxESS Support, I mentioned this 8h ago in the ticket. No response whatsoever.

Apparently something went wrong while updating the Master (there is no remote connection any more) so the local installer has to come on site to update the Manager from usb.
Because of non-matching agendas they can come only on 2nd of May, I suggested they give me the firmware file and I'll do the update myself, but they are not allowed to work this way from the supplier (Fox-ESS?).

So our system will collect some more dust the coming 10 days (14 days in total) 🤬
To bad I can't order that damn Smart LAN adapter easily. It feels like it would be best to have agent access to my system myself, just in case.
H1-5.0-E1 inverter
ECS2900-H3

Dave Foster

APfox wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:28 am
Apparently something went wrong while updating the Master (there is no remote connection any more) so the local installer has to come on site to update the Manager from usb.
Because of non-matching agendas they can come only on 2nd of May, I suggested they give me the firmware file and I'll do the update myself, but they are not allowed to work this way from the supplier (Fox-ESS?).

So our system will collect some more dust the coming 10 days (14 days in total) 🤬
To bad I can't order that damn Smart LAN adapter easily. It feels like it would be best to have agent access to my system myself, just in case.
Ahhh ok, sorry to hear that - it sounds like they bricked it during the upgrade, i've never seen it do that before - the USB port is part of the embedded sub-system so probably the only way to re-flash it.

all the best
APfox

Dave Foster wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:47 am all the best
yeah you didn't hear the best yet:
I never asked my local installer to update the firmware, I asked FoxESS via their support portal.
The local guys are so busy I thought I could better go directly to FoxESS. Another lesson learned.
H1-5.0-E1 inverter
ECS2900-H3

APfox

APfox wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:58 am
Dave Foster wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:47 am all the best
yeah you didn't hear the best yet:
I never asked my local installer to update the firmware, I asked FoxESS via their support portal.
The local guys are so busy I thought I could better go directly to FoxESS. Another lesson learned.
And to finish the story.
The system has been updated after all. Somehow they managed to reinstate their remote access and updated the manager to v 1.57. 8-)
H1-5.0-E1 inverter
ECS2900-H3

Dave Foster

APfox wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:58 pm
And to finish the story.
The system has been updated after all. Somehow they managed to reinstate their remote access and updated the manager to v 1.57. 8-)
Oh my :? :lol: