New API - scheduling

chillywasher

Hi

Can anyone shed any light on the new endpoint in the new API at '/op/v0/device/scheduler/enable'?

I'm looking at the documentation here and then also the usage of this in the Code Example:
https://www.foxesscloud.com/public/i18n ... 13e203ca3e

Am I right in assuming that I could create a schedule of activity on a daily basis (in my case this would be force battery charging and switching between SelfUse & Backup modes) - thus making one api call instead of making multiple calls throughout the day?

Also it looks like you can pass in 2 different schedules - one seems to be enabling the other disabling. Is it necessary to follow this format or can everything be combined in one schedule.

Thanks

Chris
Dave Foster

As long as your inverter supports the scheduler function (on H1 that is Manager 1.68 or later) you can set a group schedule that would do multiple things such as set self-use, then force charge, then set feed-in, then set force discharge etc.. up to 8 individual items can be set in a list.

I think normally the best way to use this is to set the enabling schedule the once and then to use the master enable switch (a separate API call) as required to turn on or off that entire schedule.
chillywasher

Thanks Dave. I have a H3 inverter and the API is reporting the scheduling is not supported. Looks like I'm stumped because the new API doesn't support setting the inverter operation mode.

Don't suppose you know whether this will be fixed with a future firmware upgrade?
Dave Foster

Ahh ok, according to the Foxess UK product manager it is due to be release imminently, it was supposed to be a few weeks behind the KH but that has slipped (i’m guessing Chinese New Year), but it is next - as soon as I hear something i’ll update this thread.
chillywasher

Dave Foster wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:16 pm Ahh ok, according to the Foxess UK product manager it is due to be release imminently, it was supposed to be a few weeks behind the KH but that has slipped (i’m guessing Chinese New Year), but it is next - as soon as I hear something i’ll update this thread.
Excellent, thanks Dave. Now I just need to work out how to get email alerts when these threads are updated! :-)