Unusual 1kwph spikes as State of Charge (SoC) gets low

Sl0wM0Beagle

Hello

I wondered if anyone else was having an issue with power being drawn from the grid intermittently as the battery SoC gets towards the min SoC.

I have my min SoC set to 12%, but finding that when I get below 22-24%, the battery will suddenly pull 1kwph for about 5-10 min then stop. This can happen several times. Eventually the SoC will get to 12% and all eletrical needs are fully pulled from the Grid. Sometimes it stays around 20% then has a large drop from 20% to the 12% (Sometimes lower), almost as if the system is unsure what SoC the batteries are at and then suddenly readjusts.

I've attached an image of the system, between the hours of 6pm and midnight.

Note this has been happening for around 3 months, whenever the battery gets low. I've got a 4 battery system (around 11.4kw).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Attachments
Battery.JPG
reef

This is almost certainly related to a battery temperature that is too low. The BMS will be drawing from the grid to keep the cells warm at the low SOC.

On your bottom graph select the battery temp tab and it'll give you a trend so you can see what it is.
Sl0wM0Beagle

Thanks for the reply

I've just checked the bat temp on the same day around the same time and it looks to be stable to any other time, even warmer than earlier in the day..

Bat temp.JPG