Teething troubles? - exporting not storing

FOXLESS923

Hi,
We have a nice sunny day today but the system is exporting instead of storing. I attach a couple of photos.
It is cold and the kit is in a heated garage, though it is still cold in there.
Do you think this exporting could be due to a cold battery?
Any help appreciated.
Thank you!
Philip
Attachments
IMG_4469.png
IMG_4468.png
calum

Can you see what the battery temperature is? If they battery gets too cold, it does limit the charge and discharge current to stop it getting damaged, below a certain temperature the battery will stop working entirely (it is not harmed, it will come back to life when things warm up).
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
reef

One thing I've recently discovered after using the v2.0 app to download the inverter data is that the batteries can be a lot colder than you think and a lot lower than the "battery temp" value shown in the cloud. I was getting reduced charge rates from the grid overnight and couldn't understand why as the cloud said the batteries were about 16C. However looking at the battery cell temperatures in the data from the v2.0 app, they were sat between 7.8 and 9.2C.

I'm betting you're getting a low charge rate for that very reason. Especially with the cold weather at the moment.
FOXLESS923

Thank you so much for your help. I’ve learnt a lot (I didn’t know about v2 app!)

The battery is 14 degrees. I can’t work out how to get the data I’m afraid.

The room is cold at about 5 degrees so I think this may be the issue. I’m sorting a stud wall and will put some low level heating in there to keep the temp up in winter.

Thanks again for your help. You are very kind :)
calum

The batteries themselves make a reasonable amount of waste heat, especially when charging hard. I built an insulated box around mine (which are in an otherwise unheated garage) and put a couple of small (92mm diameter) PC 12v axial fans inside the enclosure to circulate the air. This minimises the temperature differences between the modules at the top and bottom of the stack. It's 2-3C in the garage today, but the batteries are between 16.4C and 19.2C just now, no additional heating. Point being you may be able to save yourself time, space and materials, depending on the physical situation around your batteries.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here