New instal

Welcome to the forum, feel free to say hi and show off your installation photos and share your experience.
graking

Hi,
Just had a new install yesterday and getting to grips with the very confusing apps.
I have 10 Tigo panels, Fox inverter and two Fox batteries- don’t have the specs to hand or a picture of setup.
1 st nearly full charge today but wanted to find out how you could charge cheaply overnight with Octopus Go plus recharge my Hybrid car. Think I may have found the answer on your forum, so thanks.
Will update if it works.

Graham
Dave Foster

No problem, if you need any help just post !.

It is best to get used to the Foxess app first but one of the best apps is a 3rd party app called Energy Stats, it's available on ios https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/energy-stats/id1644492526 and Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... kkgw&pli=1
graking

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome.
Well I thought i'd found the solution to getting the battery to charge overnight but no luck when I checked the app this morning. I only set one time event from 12.30 - 4.30 for the cheap rate and ignored the second one.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Need to sort out a new tariff with Octopus this week. Currently on Octopus Go but not sure which ones to opt for.

Regards

Graham
Dave Foster

There is a problem with the Foxess cloud at the moment stopping you from looking at the battery settings, but if you are on Octopus GO it sounds like you set the correct times, did you also set the charge from grid switch to on ?.

You shouldn’t need the second time period and if not being used it must be set to 00:00-00:00

What happened overnight, did the system try to charge at all ?
graking

Hi,
Thanks for your response.

That's good to know about Fox EES. Pretty sure I did set it correctly but i'll have another look.

I'm not sure if it did attempt or not - not sure how I find out. Just wish it was all a bit clearer and worked.

As for tariffs - Aaagh, suffering from brain ache at the moment. I'll come back to it all tomorrow.

Many thanks anyway.
Dave Foster

Give it a bit of time, it’ll get clearer - quite the steep learning curve when you’ve just been installed.

You should be able to tell in the app, the battery soc (state of charge) should have increased to 100% in the early hours and then start to be used by the house after 4.30am, depending on your battery size and with the very poor solar today, it’s likely they would be empty again by mid-afternoon depending on your usage.,