BMS unresponsive to house demand

Dave Foster

ramsden187 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:00 pm Hi. You say the issue was your CT clamp in the end, is a CT clamp mandatory for the system to work properly? My system which has never worked since I moved in a few months ago (battery doesnt discharge, just sits there fully charged), does not seem to have a CT clamp anywhere?? And the setting is disabled. I do have a sneaky suspicion the system has never worked properly since installed and the previous owners weren't aware but I cannot prove that.
I'm assuming you have an H1 inverter, in which case it has to have a CT clamp (or a meter) to operate correctly.

If it is a CT then the clamp is a small white box with black cable that shoule be clipped around the live tail of your main house smart meter, or if it uses a meter this connected by RS485 and is usually a Chint DTSU666, or an Eastron SDM230 and should be again located somewhere near your main live tail coming out of the smart meter.

If the CT clamp is disabled, and it does not have a meter enabled then the inverter won't do anything it has no reference point.

The CT clamp (or meter) would be wired into the meter connector (see diag below), if there is no cable going into this connector it is not fitted and won't work.
1111.jpg
ramsden187

Thanks for your reply. There definitely is no CT clamp or meter installed, this must be the problem. Unbelievable the installer didn't do this originally and the previous owners didn't realise, the system is 2 years old now!