First year of solar power. Is my November normal or does my system have a problem?

L2

Hi, I’d really appreciate some help from someone with experience of winter generation levels. Up until the end of October things were looking great, however my daily generation has dropped off a cliff and my panels are struggling to produce 2-2.5kw max input even with the sun directly on them instead of the approx 5kw (or 3.7 once my batteries are full) input that I’ve been used to seeing in the app when the sun is direct. Today my 5.4kw system has only produced approx 2.8kWh for the whole day. Is this drop off in maximum input kw when in direct sun normal in winter because of the change in sun height or should my generation be higher even though it’s November? PVGIS suggests just under 200kWh for November, my generation for the month so far is approx 67kWh.

Apologies for the really basic question, I’m trying to read as much online to learn but can’t find anything to help with how I know if my panels are working ok as I only have the FoxEss app and cloud data and can’t physically access my inverter& generation meter so would need to call my installer to come and look if I have an issue with the system or the panels.

Thanks for any help
14 x 395w Trina Vertex S panels; H1-5.0 FoxESS Hybrid Inverter;
10.4kw FoxESS HV2600 Battery Storage
Solar PV & Battery installed Spring 2022, Northern England, Roof is 140 degree SE facing with zero shading. Battery capacity increased from 5.2 to 10.4kw late 2023.
Will
Site Admin

sadly winter cloud cover and lower light levels has a serious impact. I can generate 70-80kWh of solar during a day in July and on the worst day in the winter only 5kWh on a darker day. Hope this puts you at ease.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
L2

Thanks Will, I’m glad it’s not a problem. Let’s hope spring comes soon!!
14 x 395w Trina Vertex S panels; H1-5.0 FoxESS Hybrid Inverter;
10.4kw FoxESS HV2600 Battery Storage
Solar PV & Battery installed Spring 2022, Northern England, Roof is 140 degree SE facing with zero shading. Battery capacity increased from 5.2 to 10.4kw late 2023.