Help - I ant to stop exporting to grid when batteries are 100%

sandeeppatel

I dont need any feed in from exporting as I would prefer longeiviety rather than exporting excess. Is there a way of setting this on my Fox 5.0 inverter of doing this as I dont want to burn out my inverter when Im exporting so much during Summer. My batteries are 10.4kwh and they get full by 2pm and just want the system to shut down rather than export.
Dave Foster

You can do that by reducing your Export Limit in the inverter settings (Export Control) - you can set it to whatever you want in watts, so if you never want to export power then change it to zero.

As I said on the other post, the inverter will then derate it's MPPT to reduce it's output power as it must have a consumer for every watt of power that it generates.

It won't burn out your inverter exporting power to the grid, that's what it is designed for - in summer it might get hot in which case it would derate anyway.

If you have an agent account you can set this on the Fox cloud, if not you will have to do it at the inverter panel (Settings, Password (usually 0,0,0,0 enter), On Grid, Export Control - set a value in watts).
Attachments
t2.png
calum

If you're concerned about the inverter getting too hot (depending where it is they can get pretty warm) you can do what I've done, which is put three 120mm 12V DC PC fans (attached at the corners with zip ties) on top of the cooling fins, blowing upwards. This will draw air over the fins and greatly improve the cooling of the inverter, at the expense of some noise. Keeping the power electronics cool will give you the longest life for that part of the inverter, although I don't know if that's a very common failure mode for these things.

(@Dave Foster I've got my fans on a HA 'Threshold' helper, using a Wifi plug with a simple automation to turn them on and off based on inverter temps from FoxessModbus, works rather well - I should probably follow your example and write it up in case anyone else wants to do similar)
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here