Issues with FoxESS A Series charger
Just to be clear I am pleased with my Solar, Inverter and Home Battery system.
It is the FoxESS A series charger I am having issues with.

I have a FoxESS KH10 inverter with EQ4800 batteries and solar. I decided to stay with the same brand and purchased a FoxESS A Series EV charger. (All latests firmwares)

My installer did not install the communication RS485 cable between the charger and the inverter. Instead, he only used the CT clamps supplied with the charger, as he said this is how he normally installs all EV chargers.

Since then, I have experienced several issues:

1. Scheduling does not work correctly
The charger has its own app, FoxSwitch, but it can also be linked to the FoxCloud 2.0 app. When I create a charging schedule in FoxCloud, the schedule also appears in FoxSwitch, but the charging times shown are completely different. Both apps are set to the Melbourne/Sydney time zone(Also logged in with the same my FoxESS account)

Green Charging does not work (PV Link)
Green Charging does not work at all, even when my home batteries are fully charged and there is excess solar generation available. The system just exports excess solar to grid instead of charging the EV.

Eco Mode is inconsistent (PV Link)
Eco Mode seems very hit and miss. The charger either does not charge at all, or charges at the minimum rate of 6A, approximately 1.5 kW and nothing changes.

At the moment, my only reliable option is to disable PV Link, and Charge with just the maximum charging speed to 32A, approximately 7.3 kW, and manually control the charging myself by turning the charger on and off when required.
If I want to reduce the charging speed, I manually adjust the amperage in the app.

As a workaround for the scheduling issue, I have stopped using both FoxSwitch and FoxCloud for EV charging scheduling and now use my EV car's own scheduled charging function instead.

I am interested to know whether anyone else with a FoxESS inverter, battery and A Series charger has experienced similar issues, particularly where the communication cable between the inverter and charger has not been installed.

Ps. I've attached 2 screenshots where I set the EV charger schedule for 00am - 6am on FoxCloud 2.0 app but it then syncs to the FoxSwitch and shows a completely different time of 2pm-8pm
FoxCloud20.jpg
FoxSwitch.jpg
Re: Issues with FoxESS A Series charger
I have the same scheduling issues in Fox cloud, have to use Fox switch app for the schedule to be in the right Timezone with the a series charger


Fox needs to fix this!!
Re: Issues with FoxESS A Series charger
May I ask does any of the other features work for you?

Load balancing if this is turned on my car never charges

Same for green mode does not work

In eco mode it charges at 6amps only never goes up

I have the ct clamps + comms cabled installed now by the eletrician and still does not work properly
Re: Issues with FoxESS A Series charger
Update: FoxESS A Series EV Charger Issues Resolved

After several lengthy back-and-forth discussions with my installer, he ultimately refused to return to troubleshoot the installation of my FoxESS A Series EV charger.

I contacted FoxESS directly, and a manufacturer technician attended my property to investigate the issues. He quickly identified that the RS485 communication wiring had been installed incorrectly.

The technician corrected the wiring in approximately 15 minutes, which resolved all the charging issues I had been experiencing.

The following features are now working correctly:
Green Mode
Eco Mode
Load Balancing

The technician also acknowledged the scheduling discrepancies between the FoxSwitch and FoxCloud apps and advised that he would report the issue to FoxESS's R&D team for further investigation.

I'm pleased that the issues have finally been resolved, but it's disappointing that the installation fault was not identified and rectified by the original installer, particularly after the time spent trying to get the matter addressed.

A big thank you to the FoxESS manufacturer's technician for identifying the root cause and resolving the issues so quickly.

Hopefully, the R&D team can also address the scheduling discrepancy between the two apps in a future update.
Post Reply