“System off”
Morning all

Has anyone else had recent issues with the app showing “system off” when it should be on self use? Please see attached. I’ve not changed any settings etc. and the system has been running fine for ages. I have it set to charge from 0200-0500 and then self use rest of the time. But as you can see from the pic it’s drawing from the grid instead of pulling from the battery. It did this the other night too and had seemed to rectify itself by the morning, but has done it again. I’ve checked the inverter and it just says “standby” and has no error log. I’ve checked for firmware updates and nothing is showing as needing updating. The battery is on version 1.012 and doesn’t show “latest” in devices unlike the inverter and dongle.

I’m not sure what this is or how to fix it. But I’m keen not to be drawing from the grid while my battery just idly sits at 80%+ outside of the forced charging window. Any advice would be much appreciated
Attachments:
IMG_7416.png
Re: “System off”
I think your inverter has ‘stopped’, not sure why it would do that but if you go to the inverter screen press and hold the tick button (on older inverters it was an enter button) - it’s the 3rd button from left. If the inverter has stopped, when you press and hold it will change to ‘Start’, if it does release the button and press it again to set it.
Re: “System off”
Thank you. I will try that. I woke up this morning and it’s running normally again. It seems to be happening in patches over night?! Part of me wonders if there’s some sort of firmware update coming that I don’t yet have
Re: “System off”
Dave Foster wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:44 am I think your inverter has ‘stopped’, not sure why it would do that but if you go to the inverter screen press and hold the tick button (on older inverters it was an enter button) - it’s the 3rd button from left. If the inverter has stopped, when you press and hold it will change to ‘Start’, if it does release the button and press it again to set it.
Thanks for this. I tried it and it rebooted but a few mins later reverted to “switched off”. I guess I might have to contact the installer. It’s frustrating drawing from the grid when the battery has 80% charge
Re: “System off”
Exact same thing happened to me (with some rally values being shown import from grid and going to home). Went out to inverter and pressed the menu button and it showed off and once changed back to on all good. I know FoxESS released the latest firmware for the kh inverters but only released in Australia supposedly.
22 465w Solar Panels
FoxESS KH8 Inverter
FoxESS 3 off EP12 Batteries
Hypervolt Home 3 Charger
Grant Aerona 290 9KW ASHP
OVO 20p SEG
Re: “System off”
Thanks. I did this and it worked for a few minutes and then went back to system off.

I contacted fox directly and they have fixed it. Supposedly it was going into “cold standby” due to some settings?! This has now been changed and now remains on “hot standby” and last night worked as expected. They sorted the fix for me.

Thanks for your response though. Much appreciated
Post Reply