Getting FoxESS inverters fitted, have questions

chesterflaps

Hi all.

I currently have 2 x Growatt inverters which died yesterday so the install company are replacing them but with FoxESS inverters.

Here are my questions

What do installers and endusers think of the hardware? Positive and negative comments welcome.

Is the software any good for monitoring production? I would like to see current power, total daily power and when feeding back to the grid.

Growatt are also sending out 2 new inverters which are the newer models so I just need to decide which is better to have.

Thank you
calum

The hardware works well enough, but I don't have any experience with any other inverters to be able to compare.

I don't rate their monitoring platform. You have a datalogger that talks to the internet via wifi, and you can only see this data via an excruciatingly bad website or app. I've gone with running Home Assistant, and using an RS485 to ethernet interface to get more-or-less real time info via that platform.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
Dave Foster

I think the GroWatt and Foxess (and Solax) are very similar in design and quality, reliability and their market positions.

In my view the Foxess has the edge because of the flexibility the H1 Hybrids have when used with batteries, but the normal solar only inverters are very, very similar in specs.

The monitoring platform is average, but there is an after market app that really improves things, and there are some applications that allow you to direct interface the inverter and get control of it.