Inconsistent Power Flows

PeteNZ

Hello All,
I have a new system detailed below now installed for about 6 weeks. I am having some issues that the Installer appears reluctant to address and although they say Fox have been contacted there has been no feedback for 10 days now.
I have a Smart meter on my 3 Phase house supply and the running meter reading is the same as the main incoming supplier meter.
I also have a Heat Recovery Ventilation Unit (350W 24/7) and a lake aerator of just over 1kW (6 hours /day) so these 2 loads are consistent during the running hours (daytime) I am aware that the App and online Data are not reflecting instantaneous values due to the snapshot effect but loads are consistent over long periods.
The solar generation appears to be satisfactory given the variable weather we have been having and the hour of the day.
My issue is that a lot of the solar Generated power is going to the grid when I know I have at least a known load for the days as noted above. Even when the GSHP system kicks in at over 4kW for periods of at least 1 hour I am still exporting to the grid. Also my batteries do not discharge to the home load except very small amounts and the battery level does not go below about 98%. Seems to me this is not an efficient use of my power generation.
I have checked the battery settings and all Force Charge settings are off and both MinSoC settings are set to 10%
I have also done a forced reset of the inverter as suggested on this Forum elsewhere.
As I write this my house load is showing as 0.045kW but I'm exporting 1.306kW to Grid and Generated solar is 1.436kW on fox app.Cloud the same, but house load is actually a minimum of 1.4kW steady (see above)
Any help and comments will be much appreciated. Glad to receive messages too.

Thank you -- great site by the way--loads of helpful comments/advise. lets hope it continues!

PeteNZ

System
24 flat roof bucket mounted panels for a 9.7kW installation, South facing no shadows
FoxEss Batteries 4- Mira/HV25 single stack with Mira BMS
FoxEss inverter 3Phase H3-8.0-E
calum

What is the "work mode" set to on the inverter? If you go to Setting -> Model Select on the front panel, you should have the choice of Self-Use, Feed In First, Backup (I'm going on the function tree in Section 8.2 of the manual, page 31, as I don't have physical access to my system right now)

From what you describe, it may be that the inverter has been set to Backup or Feed In First when you want it to be set to Self-Use.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
PeteNZ

Hi Thanks for response--I already checked this and should have included it in the post--setting is correct as "self use"

Got that from a site posting a whole ago--it was right then too
Thank you Calum
Mathias.donath

Hi PeteNZ,

I have the same problem on my system installed a week ago. The house power is around 40watts. Did you solve the problem somehow?

Thank you and best regards from Germany,
Mathias