Second battery stack

Mr_chris

I have now bought my 5th Mira HV25 battery and the instructions tell you to start a second physical stack of batteries, however the cables are too short to reach. I can see that 1M cables are available for HV2600 batteries but nothing available for the HV25.
Does anyone know if the HV2600 cable kit will be suitable ?
rmhumphries

Looking at the data spec, it seems both the Mira & HV2600 batteries have a nominal voltage of 51V & recommended/maximum current of 25/50A, so the cable kits should work for both. I am not a sparky though, so unless a supplier/Fox confirms this is very much at your own risk!
SolarEdge PV + FoxEss H1-AC1-5.0-E w/ 3x HV2600-2
calum

This is not professional advice obviously, but you probably don't need to do the second stack thing. It seems from talking to my installer (who have asked Fox UK about it) that it's an arse covering thing from FoxESS when installing batteries in very warm environments. In the UK, unless you're putting them in a wooden box in full sun in July, you're unlikely to have a problem (unless you've put them in an uninsulated loft in which case two stacks is unlikely to help much IMO).

I have x6 HV2600s in a single stack in my garage, and the only temperature related problems I've had have been them getting too cold to work in winter (resolved with insulated box).
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
SAC

Hi

Battery leads are the same so will fit. As for the second stack I would start a separate stack I would be more concerned about the weight on the brackets (bottom set)and probably think this is why you should only stack 4 max. If bracket gave way then you could have a bigger problem with damaged batteries. Also think if you had warranty claim then they would say you’ve not installed as per their installation instructions.
calum

From what I've seen, as long as you're not climbing or jumping on your batteries you shouldn't have a problem. That said, if you've got the space and can get the right leads, there's no harm in double-stacking them.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
Sweepydog

Hello,
What about stacking your batteries upright, on their rear end still using the brackets to keep separated, so no need for longer cables.
SAC

Hi

Again I would stay away from doing this. Again please follow the installation instructions when. Installing these. Might seem like a bore but don’t install as per the instructions then your warranty void. I am sick of seeing poor installs of solar systems the industry’s full of you tube installers. Has anyone read warranty on the batteries fox selling as 10year but after the 6th year you need to get them inspected by fox approved tech (good luck with that)

So please don’t give fox any excuse to null your warranty