Battery charging off load not grid??

morgin187

Hi, just had a new system installed today. I am seeing something weird where at night when there is no solar, on the inverter details page my flow is showing power going from Load to Battery. Anyone have any ideas whats going on? It's actually charging the battery and the percentage of charge is going up.
IMG_9627.png
calum

I'm wondering if this might be a "CT clamp the wrong way around" scenario.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
Dave Foster

calum wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:22 am I'm wondering if this might be a "CT clamp the wrong way around" scenario.

Yes quite possibly, looking at the power flow into the battery (which is internally measured) it's also possible it has been located in the wrong place, can you post an image of the power flow during the day when you have solar generation please.

As a rule the CT clamp (a small white clamp with black cable) should be fitted on the live tail of your meter with the arrow facing towards the grid, it would be helpful if you could share an image of the wiring around the meter - alternatively, give your installer a call and let them know there is a problem with the CT clamp fitting and let them investigate.
morgin187

Thanks for the replies. I was leaning towards the CT clamp pointing the wrong way and reversed it but that wasn't the problem so put it back. I then reset the inverter and now it is working as it should. Hope this helps someone in future.