extra battery not activated

kevinmc1970

Hi, I asked my installers to add another HV25 battery during our install and now I have Home Assistant I'm pretty sure the extra battery hasn't actually been activated - although lights are on etc.

I have 3x2.45 batteries and HA is saying that FoxESS - Bat Charge is 4.9kWh (whilst app/cloud saying 100%) - that looks like it thinks there are only 2 batteries?

Can someone please advise? Can I restart the BMS maybe? The installers suggested look on this forum.
regards
Kevin
Ched

First thing to do is peak to installers.
I assume the extra battery is linked correctly (batteries are in series, so +ve to -ve between batteries), then the coms cable (Cam1 to Cam2) and set the dip switch to 1 as in 1 extra battery.
Make sure you do it with inverter and batteries powered down and ideally at same or similar charge levels.
This vid might give you more clues.
kevinmc1970

Thanks for the response. I'm confident it's all wired correctly and the dip is at position 1. I'll try to restart the bms and think need to restart inverter too. Do you agree that it looks like only 2 working?
I will go back to the installers if can't resolve it myself.
20230327_162155.jpg
kevinmc1970

update: Restarted BMS and the inverter and even forced charge from the grid (someone here mentioned rebalancing) but it still says 4.9Kw at 100%. I've asked installer to send someone around but willing to try and other suggestions. thanks.
Ched

My only other thought is to try the new battery with one of the old ones and set dip switch back to 0. i.e. just use 2 batteries as a test, 1 new 1 old. See if the new battery works correctly then you know if you have a duff new one?
Let us know how you get on and what the solution is when it's sorted as I would like to add a new HV25 to mine at some point.
kevinmc1970

It's fixed or at least getting better! I trawled many places and found lots of people were doing force charge between empty and full with no joy but it was Will from this forum who said need to do full-empty-full. I was missing the last force charge. I did that overnight and now at 6.2kwh. More power! I've been on just 2/3 power for 4 weeks! I would never known if I didn't try Home Assistant. Installers should know this really.

I think it should be 7.35 or at least over 7 taking losses into account so will try again once it has emptied again and let you know.

This balancing issue could do with being a guide on the forum maybe?
kevinmc1970

it all seems to be working now - the battery got to 6.2 at 5 this morning then during the morning discharged a bit and then charged up back to 100% and the figure is now 7.7 which is more than expected but I'm not complaining :-) (assume it's still balancing)
Ched

kevinmc1970 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:52 pm it all seems to be working now - the battery got to 6.2 at 5 this morning then during the morning discharged a bit and then charged up back to 100% and the figure is now 7.7 which is more than expected but I'm not complaining :-) (assume it's still balancing)
That's great news although the force charge-discharge-force charge cycle should be in the instructions somewhere!
Good to know you now have all the batteries working.
Daviessteve

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem

I added 2 more batteries and I am convinced the system is only seeing the original 2 batteries

Could you please explain in a bit more detail how you solved your problem

Tx

Steve
Fox H1 5.0
4 Mira 2k5 batteries
4k4 of Sharp Panels
kevinmc1970

Hi Steve, I've only just seen this post and can see you have resolved it in another post. Glad to hear that. I never considered contacting Fox Ess support. The force charge stuff is just setting the battery to charge from the grid (settings in the app) and then once it has drained doing it again. From your support reply it sounds like mine probably would have sorted itself out eventually too.
gard09

kevinmc1970 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:14 am It's fixed or at least getting better! I trawled many places and found lots of people were doing force charge between empty and full with no joy but it was Will from this forum who said need to do full-empty-full. I was missing the last force charge. I did that overnight and now at 6.2kwh. More power! I've been on just 2/3 power for 4 weeks! I would never known if I didn't try Home Assistant. Installers should know this really.

I think it should be 7.35 or at least over 7 taking losses into account so will try again once it has emptied again and let you know.

This balancing issue could do with being a guide on the forum maybe?
Hi Kevin,

First time poster here - I've just had an extra HV25 added and I'm worried that it's not operating correctly. Couple of questions, what is the HA (Home Assistant?) you mention and how do you do a full-empty-full?

Thanks!
Fox H1-3.7-E / 3 x MIRA HV25 / 7 x JA Solar 365W Panels / Octopus Flux Tariff