Battery version numbers & HV2600 vs HV2600-2 Firmware

rmhumphries

Good Afternoon,

A couple of weeks back I had solar & battery storage installed. The solar is monitoring/controlled via the SolarEdge app, while the battery storage is managed via FoxESS Cloud. While the installer has kept 'installer' access for the SolarEdge platform, they don't have an installer account for FoxEss; so I have created myself an 'Agent' account for managing settings (and upgrading firmware); and an 'End User' account for day-to-day monitoring.

Once the install was completed and after a few days monitoring, I followed some of the advice given on this forum to upgrade the Manager/Master firmware for the invertor and the WiFi datalogger firmware. I haven't yet upgraded the battery, as I was hoping someone could answer the following first:
  • How can you tell what version I am currently on for the BMU/BCU?
  • Can the firmware for the HV2600 be used on HC2600 v2? On the 'firmware' tab, for battery master/slave there is only firmware listed for 'ECS' & 'HV2600'.
Thanks,
Robert
SolarEdge PV + FoxEss H1-AC1-5.0-E w/ 3x HV2600-2
Dave Foster

rmhumphries wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:32 pm
  • Can the firmware for the HV2600 be used on HC2600 v2? On the 'firmware' tab, for battery master/slave there is only firmware listed for 'ECS' & 'HV2600'.
Thanks,
Robert
Hi, the HV2600 (v1) and HV2600 (v2) use very different firmware and a different architecture (master/slave vs BMU/BCU) - they cannot be mixed with each other.

You can tell the battery versions in the app (with agent access) in the remote upgrade screen, or at the inverter panel which is easiest (About, Bat Ver) that will show M(Master/BMU) and S(Slave/BCU) versions and below that IVu version (not applicable for v1)

The V2 HV2600 batteries share the firmware with ECS (v2), MIra etc.. as at 8/May/23 it is BCU 1.008, BMU 1.07
rmhumphries

Dave Foster wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:57 am
rmhumphries wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:32 pm
Thanks,
Robert
Hi, the HV2600 (v1) and HV2600 (v2) use very different firmware and a different architecture (master/slave vs BMU/BCU) - they cannot be mixed with each other.

You can tell the battery versions in the app (with agent access) in the remote upgrade screen, or at the inverter panel which is easiest (About, Bat Ver) that will show M(Master/BMU) and S(Slave/BCU) versions and below that IVu version (not applicable for v1)

The V2 HV2600 batteries share the firmware with ECS (v2), MIra etc.. as at 8/May/23 it is BCU 1.008, BMU 1.07
Hey Dave,

Thanks. that makes sense. Just to confirm, as far as FoxEss Cloud goes - you don't have BMU/BCU firmware for HV2600 (but you do have master/slave), and you don't have master/slave firmware for HV2600-2 (but you do have BMU instead of master / BCU instead of slave)?

If the above is correct, that makes sense - I thought the B*U firmware was separate from the master/slave firmware (in the same way as you have master/manager firmware for the invertor).

Thanks,
Robert
SolarEdge PV + FoxEss H1-AC1-5.0-E w/ 3x HV2600-2
Dave Foster

Yep that’s spot on :)