Foxess EQS4800

Northspoon

I want another slave battery to add to the EC4800 Master and slave that I have.

I have been told that the ECS4800 slave has been replaced with the EQS4800, is that correct and what is different? Can the EQS4800 slave be added to my system?
Dave Foster

Probably not the most helpful response but I believe that the ECS4800 and EQ4800 are the same product, it has had a marketing rename because it is different to the ECS batteries in that it allows up to 9 batteries in one stack.

In terms of mixing i'm not confident on the answer to that so I would recommend that you contact Fox direct or one of there suppliers to ask them that question. I'd be grateful if you could feedback what they say so that we have a definitive answer for next time.
Northspoon

Thank you Dave.

I have contacted Fox Customer Care and the response was that it was a marketing change (?) and the battery is compatible. There is a firmware change I am told. My installer, however, says that there is a change to the connectors. I will have to wait to see what my installer does and post here again.

Do you know if the inverter needs to have the settings changed to recognise an additional battery or is it just "plug and play"? The inverter is a H1-5.0-E-G2.
Dave Foster

Northspoon wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:31 am Thank you Dave.

I have contacted Fox Customer Care and the response was that it was a marketing change (?) and the battery is compatible. There is a firmware change I am told. My installer, however, says that there is a change to the connectors. I will have to wait to see what my installer does and post here again.

Do you know if the inverter needs to have the settings changed to recognise an additional battery or is it just "plug and play"? The inverter is a H1-5.0-E-G2.
Ok, thanks - your inverter doesn’t need any changes it’s plug and play.
Northspoon

Thank you Dave

My installer fitted the extra slave battery today, it was the new EQS4800 and was fitted very quickly. No problems with the connections that I had concerns about. So I now have the EC4800 master, a EC4800 slave and a EQS4800 slave.

The Fox phone app shows the total to be 13980wh, is that correct for those batteries?

One extra question, the Fox app on my PC only shows the inverter in the device list. Should the batteries show and how do I get that to show? Is that down to the installer to input?
Dave Foster

That great, and yes that is the correct nominal capacity for 3 * 4800

The website is a bit different to the app, to get to the battery details you have to go to the inverter details page, and click on the ‘blue’ words ‘“Battery Status”, it should then pop up a box with your BMS/battery serial numbers.
IMG_1637.jpeg
Northspoon

Thank you very much for your help. BTW, you have quite a battery capacity there. I might need more, but see how it goes with my first winter with PV.