increase storage

eugenepachelli

two years ago I had a foxess solar system installed with three HV2600 .To my dismay storage was insufficient.I purchased three extra batteries so now have a mix of type one and two. I was informed by my battery provider I needed to change my BMS box to a HS series which I have done. No matter what way I attempt to connect to connect an extra battery the system refuses to accept and signals a fault i.e. battery fault.and I had moved the dip switch.Who if anyone can I get to make this connection for me please.I live in Barnet Herts
Dave Foster

It sounds like you have 3 original V1 HV2600 batteries, and bought 3 additional V2 HV2600 batteries, to make that work you would have had to replace the original V1 BMS with a V2 BMS.

So the first question is, does that all work ok ?

The second question is, have you bought an additional V1 or V2 battery ?

What error message do you get when you connect the new battery ?

The stack should be configured with BMS box first, then V2 batteries, then V1 batteries - so depending on which version of battery you have bought will depend on where you put the new pack in the stack of batteries.

You've mentioned the rotary dip switch, which should be set to '4' with 6 batteries, if you are adding another it needs to be set to '5' - all of the addr dip switches should be set off on all batteries.
eugenepachelli

hi Dave Foster Thank you for your input as you suggested we have reorganised batteries putting the v2 on top and the dip switch to number2 for 4 batteries I have a fault i.e battery volt fault I have put up a few jpegs
if you would have a look for me please and would appreciate any advice thank you
Attachments
IMG_2886.jpg
IMG_2885.jpg
IMG_2887.jpg
IMG_2883.jpg
Dave Foster

Did you re-organise it after those pictures - the ones marked Rev C are V1 batteries but they are at the top of the stack ?

The photo resolution isn't clear enough for me to see what each of the lower batteries is, but i'm assuming they must be the V2's

The bat volt fault is an indication that battery volts are not correct, so to start if on the inverter you click System, Battery and it will show the voltage being presented to the Inverter (it should be approx 220V for 4 batteries)

Do you have a DC meter that you can measure the voltage of each battery pack ? - they should be reporting somewhere between 48V and 58V each, but if they have been left disconnected for some time they may have self discharged (or worse the internal fuse may have blown) you need to establish whether all of the batteries are working.
eugenepachelli

thanks David for your input
bat ver
m:00.01.009
s1:01.00.01.15
s2:02.00.01.00
s3:03.00.01.15
I have uploaded more pics they may be better
Attachments
IMG_2904.jpg
IMG_2903.jpg
IMG_2902.jpg
IMG_2900.jpg
IMG_2899.jpg
Dave Foster

Your pictures show 2 * HV2600 V1's as the first 2 batteries (and it should be V2's first), but the firmware versions you posted don't make sense as that suggests battery 1 & 3 are V1's and the firmware on battery 2 is really old.

I think you need to be more methodical about this, you should have your V2 batteries as the first in line after the BMS and then the V1 batteries last - so V2 at the top, V1's at the bottom.

But you need to know the batteries are still healthy which needs the battery voltage measuring on each battery - anything less than 48V on each battery, at this stage you should remove it from the stack and deal with that later.

That way you might be able to build a stack of batteries that don't trigger a voltage fault and would allow you to get some charge into the batteries - plus looking at the age of the firmware you need to get the firmware updated as well, which Fox will do if you email them your inverter serial number, but you must first get an operational stack.

If you need assistance from an installer I would recommend joining the Foxess Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/foxessownersgroup and post on there as there are plenty of installers that could help.