KH10.5 grid charge limitation issue

Can

Hi,

Has anyone raised the "GridChargeCurrentLimited" issue with FoxESS UK? This feature creates soft limit to the maximum current draw as measured by the CT. The range offered on the web configuration is capped at 50A (~12kW) however this significantly throttles the KH battery charge rate when other loads are present. Charging an EV at 7kW + baseline is causing the FoxESS battery charge rate to regulate at ~4kW.

Whilst this is not a practical issue during the summer, this is going to pose huge issues during the winter months.

Will, have you experienced this?

https://i.ibb.co/mNVJF8h/Screenshot-202 ... -21-31.png
Dave Foster

Are you charging the EV off the Inverter (solar/battery) itself ?, if not it’s better to keep the EV charger in front of the inverters CT so that it doesn’t see the load.

I’m not sure on the gridchargelimit - I can see why it’s a good idea for the European markets with PeakShaving etc.. (i’ll give Will a nudge)
Will
Site Admin

GridChargeCurrentLimited on a K series is the battery amps limit when you charge from grid, not a dynamic grid load limiter as you suggest so would have no impact on your ev charger. Are you sure the EV charger isn't doing it's own load limiting?
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
Can

Will, this is 100% a bug for FoxESS. Note the effects of the EVSE starting near 00:30. 12kW is grid volts at 50A which is the ceiling for that setting.

Dave, I need to have my CT config as is for many reasons inc solar divert.

Latest FW etc.
Can

Dave Foster wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:19 am Are you charging the EV off the Inverter (solar/battery) itself ?, if not it’s better to keep the EV charger in front of the inverters CT so that it doesn’t see the load.

I’m not sure on the gridchargelimit - I can see why it’s a good idea for the European markets with PeakShaving etc.. (i’ll give Will a nudge)
Finally got around to reconfiguring my incoming supply. I’m now running a modbus meter and CT with the EVSE charger downstream of the inverter. On CT the inverter cannot see the EVSE as a load, but can using the modbus meter.

Not overjoyed with the faffing around but I can still dump l excess into the car (currently have 50kWh @ 450V) as and when whilst maintaining the ability to pull more than 50A overnight.

Fox need to address this.