New System Teething Problems!

SandySolar

Hi All,
I finally got my system commissioned by my electrician yesterday and got it up and running this morning. Everything looked good, immediately starting generating 3 - 5kw and battery started charging up. I've managed to get the wifi dongle connected and the app up and running. Problem started in last hour or so, seemed to be around when the battery hit 100% - all of a sudden the app reported the house was pulling 12.6kw, the battery discharging 6kw of that the the other 6+coming from the grid. I went and checked the inverter and it was going full tilt, 'power - 6000w' / battery discharging 6kw. We're no way using 12+kw (nothing on really - radio, fridge, a laptop maybe but nothing else, was reading 1 - 2Kw when I first switched on the inverter.

Anyone have any ideas come / come across similar behaviours? I've taking the system back down now as it seem very odd and to be honest a bit worrying. Screenshot of app attached
Attachments
Screenshot_20240623-154641.png
Fox Ess 6kw Hybrid (H1-6.0-E-G2)
14 x 435w Jinko Panels
Battery = ECS4300H-H3
Dave Foster

I would say you have a problem with the CT clamp - normally this happens if it is the wrong way round.

The CT clamp is a small white clamp with black cable that should be on the live tail of your smart meter and the inverter uses this to work out what the house load is and how much it can use to charge the battery etc.. If the clamp has been fitted the wrong way round it incorrectly works out the load and you get the battery dumping to the grid.

If you can locate the CT clamp, it clips round the cable and is held close by a clasp on the side, if you pop the clasp open the clamp will open and it will allow you to turn it through 180 degrees (there is an arrow on the side of it), then close the clasp - or alternatively call your installer back, this is a common problem and hopefully a quick fix.
SandySolar

Hi Dave,
Thank you so much for replying - was having visions of a replacement inverter or something!

I was just wondering that myself but was trying to figure out from diagrams in the manual. I've just checked and it's on the live tail from the smart meter (does it matter which side of the meter?) but the the arrow is pointing into the house (i.e. not pointing out to the grid) - looks like this is the culprit. I will turn it around and try again.
14 x 435w Jinko Panels
Battery = ECS4300H-H3
SandySolar

Brilliant - problem solved. Back to normal, thank you Dave - much appreciated (Back to relaxing on Sunday!.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240623-170417.png
14 x 435w Jinko Panels
Battery = ECS4300H-H3
Dave Foster

SandySolar wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:12 pm Brilliant - problem solved. Back to normal, thank you Dave - much appreciated (Back to relaxing on Sunday!.
Great, I was about to say yes it should be pointing towards the grid but you’ve cracked it :)